- Department: Animation
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Thunder - a new project based on one of the IPs from the Group’s portfolio.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
- Following the established vision of the game’s story and gameplay in process of animation creation
- Creating high-quality content utilizing both hand key animation and motion capture data
- Developing animations that support gameplay and visuals,
- Implementing and iterating on animation assets in-game,
- Collaborating with the team to create a dynamic, player-centric experience,
- Troubleshooting and solving animation issues with all departments.
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally support Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- A minimum of 5+ years’ professional experience as an animator in film, TV, or games and 2+ years in a Senior Animator role
- Great understanding and feeling of animation principles – timing, weight, and staging
- Great understanding of character anatomy
- Great ability to transfer the game’s story and gameplay on believable and full of life animations
- Great ability to take direction and implement feedback
- Familiarity with Unreal or similar game engine
- Proficiency with any animation packed tools
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Technical skills: rigging, scripting
- Proficiency with Maya or 3Ds Max & MotionBuilder
- Shipped game title experience (credits in at least 1 AAA title as an Animator)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.