- Rynek Główny, Kraków, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Code
- Location: PL, Cracow (Remote/Hybrid)
- Project: Red
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
The role regards the project that is yet to be announced.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
We are looking for someone able to rapidly prototype a new gameplay feature, as well as bring it to a high level of polish. Gameplay Programmer will be working closely with artists and designers, while also having a lot of creative freedom; therefore we expect this person to understand exactly what makes the game fun and what does not.
- Developing and maintaining the tools and systems necessary to implement gameplay features
- Prototyping new gameplay features
- Coding for complex gameplay mechanics
- Coding for level layout, event scripting, balancing, pacing, and tuning
- Testing, debugging, profiling, and optimizing implementations
- Actively attending code review
- Strong skills in C/C++ with a 3D math background
- At least 3+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- Shipped title experience
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- Ability to work with game developers from all disciplines
- Familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general
- Game designer's creativity
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Unreal Engine 4 knowledge
Nice to have
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience with character scripting, animation blending, and similar techniques
- JIRA, Swarm and Perforce Knowledge
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.