- Project: Gemini
- Department: Tech Art
- Location: UK, Newcastle (Remote/Hybrid)
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting titles: Gemini is our new project being developed with Square Enix; Maverick is a Triple-A game developed in collaboration with Microsoft Corporation; Bifrost, Victoria and Dagger are projects we're growing in the self-publishing model. We also have one project in the concept phase – Red; as well as two projects in VR technology – Green Hell VR and Bulletstorm VR - an exciting VR version of our cult-classic shooter.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
- Creating materials and support and existing material systems.
- Making final materials for characters, environment assets, effects etc, anything that is overly complex or technical Level Work.
- Working closely with the art team making the result of their work even better with a good artistic eye
- Identifying problems and proposing solutions and optimization.
- Using diagnostic tools to examine the current content and identify areas for improvement as well as develop the tools
- Working with programmers on developing new features and workflows
- Content creation-mock up features in external programs or tweak shader code, give feedback to programmers, and experiment with features
- Tweaking assets by using the modeling and texturing skills
- Maintaining the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- At least 3+ years of game development experience
- Shipped title experience
- Experience in several aspects of creating game content
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine tools and best practices
- Solid understanding of game dev standard pipelines and tools
- Strong modeling and texturing skills
- Experience with various software packages including Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Designer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Visual scripting in Unreal Engine Editor
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Houdini knowledge is a plus
- Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience is a plus
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya, Python, or C++ is a plus
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.