Senior Technical Artist
- Abbot's Hill, Gateshead NE8 3DF, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Tech Art
- Location: UK, Newcastle (Remote/Hybrid)
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Developing powerful and efficient workflows for the Art team
- Researching and implementing new techniques and procedures to improve game asset quality
- Helping improve and refine shader, texture, lighting quality
- Exploring and help develop new technologies for integration into the asset pipeline
- Identifying and resolve pipeline issues without supervision
- Analyzing and improve art asset inefficiencies to optimize console and PC performance
- Working with programmers on developing new features and workflows
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Creating materials and support and existing material systems.
- Making final materials for characters, environment assets, effects, etc, anything that is overly complex or technical Level Work.
- Acting as a liaison between the Engineering and Art departments
- Maintaining the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Sharing knowledge with less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- At least 5+ years of game development experience
- At least one AAA title developed and shipped from start to finish
- Solid understanding of creative and game development processes
- Experience in all aspects of creating game content
- Advanced Maya knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Designer
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics
- High proficiency in technical problem solving
- Visual scripting in Unreal Engine Editor
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Scripting and plug-in writing skills with Maya plus Python or C++
- Extensive experience working the Unreal Engine especially with Blueprints, Material Editor, and Matinee
- Max Scripting and HLSL or shader programming experience
- Houdini experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.