Senior Asset Artist - Vegetation
- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Art
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Creating high-quality vegetation assets in Unreal Engine 5
- Modeling and texturing high poly, low poly, and nanite vegetation assets
- Work with leadership to help define best practices
- Mentor less experienced staff
- Work within and help define asset guidelines and metrics
- Collaborate with concept art to establish unique biome identity and themes
- Set quality benchmarks for vegetation assets
- 6 years of experience in game asset creation focusing on photorealistic models, textures, modular kits, vegetation, and organic assets for a diverse set of environments
- Shipped AAA title experience
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high poly sculpting, and texture painting (Speedtree, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance Painter, or their equivalents)
- Strong portfolio showcasing photorealistic assets
- Skilled at balancing art quality and budget constraints
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong collaboration with other artists, technical teams, and direction
- Experience with vegetation and SpeedTree or Houdini
Nice to have
- Photogrammetry experience
- Experience working in Unreal Engine, including material setups
- Traditional art skills focusing on composition, layout, design, color, and light
- Houdini experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.