Group Chief Accountant
- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Department: Operations
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
- Project: Back Office
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Responsibility for bookkeeping and accounting policy of the Company and the Group in accordance with IFRS or local standards (supervision over companies in other jurisdictions in order to implement a consistent accounting policy of the Group),
- Managing and building an accounting international team,
- Responsibility for the correct recognition of costs (project accounting), revenues, assets of the Company, keeping registers (including: fixed assets, VAT, etc.), accounting for the necessary IFRS adjustments,
- Responsibility for timely monthly closings and statutory reports,
- Participation in the consolidation of the Group's financial results and the preparation of quarterly, interim and annual financial statements according to the WSE requirements,
- Participation in the preparation of Monthly Management Reports, other periodic reports, analyzes and management information for the Group's Leadership,
- Support for the budgeting process of the Company and the Group,
- Responsibility for the tax planning and management,
- Responsibility for the process of tax settlements, calculation and filing of declarations (including VAT, CIT, etc.) and other reports required by law (including: JPK, etc.)
- Ensuring that intercompany cost allocation are in line with internal agreements and proper transfer pricing documentation is prepared for related party transactions,
- Monthly preparation of the settlements with subcontractors (including: calculations, deductions),
- Supervision over the payments process (including: current, tax, salaries),
- Monitoring of any changes affecting the Group obligations elated to the area of accounting and taxes,
- Responsibility for statistical reporting to external institutions (including: GUS, NBP, Tax Office, etc.),
- Representing the Company and the Group in contact with the Tax Authorities,
- Optimization and automation of accounting processes and supervision over the correct flow of financial and accounting documents (including: import from the electronic document flow system to the accounting and payment system)
- Ensuring internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets,
- Cooperation with the statutory auditor and external entities (including: banks, accounting offices servicing foreign companies of the Group, advisers, contractors)
- Ad-hoc activities and works related to the area of finance.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience as Chief Accountant/ Head of Accounting preferably gained in a multinational environment and team management,
- University degree, preferably in an accounting/finance area,
- Fluent English,
- Experience in operating accounting software/ ERP systems,
- Strong practical knowledge of taxes (VAT, CIT etc.) and IFRS,
- Professional expertise in Excel,
- Drive and ambition to challenge the status-quo,
- Ability to handle independently a variety of complex tasks,
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment,
- Knowledge of statutory and international accounting rules standards,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.