Senior Engine Programmer
- Abbot's Hill, Gateshead NE8 3DF, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Code
- Location: UK, Newcastle (Remote/Hybrid)
- Project: Framework
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining new low-level systems and overall architecture
- Creating performance and memory optimization Tools and Features
- Testing existing systems and proposing new systems and features implementations whenever is cost-effective
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing, and documenting implementations
- Assessing and accepting systems from other code teams
- Mentoring less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Occasionally onboarding new hire
- Actively attending in code reviews
- Minimum 6 years of software engineering experience
- At least 1 AAA credits as a programmer
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent math and/or physics skills
- Passion for writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems
- Experience with multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Proficiency with Swarm and Perforce
- Excellent communication skills
- Work effectively under a tight deadline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance and memory optimization skills
- Console experience, especially next-generation systems
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare (Vitality) and BUPA dental insurance for PCF's employees and their families.
- Access to wellbeing platform - Gympass for employees and family members.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Online Polish and English language classes.
- Access to the pension scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.