Senior Character Artist
- Shpytalna Street 11, L'viv, L'vivs'ka oblast, Ukraine
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Art
- Location: UKR, Lviv (Remote/Hybrid)
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Creating high-quality characters, creatures, and weapons suitable technically and artistically
- Tuning (or creating) surface shaders for in-game characters
- Working with Animators to ensure the character can be rigged and animated properly
- Maintain the production and software pipeline and meeting deadlines
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Mentoring less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting the hiring team in the recruitment process
- 5+ years of experience in developing character models and textures as a Senior Character Artist
- Shipped game title experience (credits in at least 1 AAA titles as a Character Artist)
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
- Ability to create high poly and low poly models as well as textures
- Ability to adapt to, and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures.)
- Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
- Experience with PBR based shaders
- Excellent knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, or Modo, and ZBrush, marvelous Designer, Substance Painter.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Business trips and integration events
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities