- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Blocking and building levels and willingness to repeat them intensively (testing and delivering/implementing feedback
- Collaborating with the visual / meshing department to ensure that the levels are of the highest visual quality, while maintaining gameplay and fun, as well as designer and coder teams, creating maps as fun as they can be and integrating any new features into the built-in levels
- Having full ownership - from paper design, through whitebox phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization - to delivery.
- Taking part in the work of dedicated established Strike Teams
- 3+ Years of professional-level design experience
- Shipped AAA title experience
- Experience in level design – both practice and theory (chokepoints, routes, lines of sight, engagement distances)
- Experience working with bug-tracking tools, preferably JIRA
- Experience in working with the shooter genre
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- General understanding of creative and game development processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- UE4 knowledge
- Experience with scripting languages, understanding of programming paradigms and concepts
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.