Lead UI Designer
- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
- Location: Poland / Warsaw
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Providing mentorship, direction, and best in class principles to ensure quality results and efficient working practices
- Managing talents of UI/UX team to achieve the best possible result for the project and personal growth of team members
- Establish and maintain workflow for UI/UX department
- Working with the production team on tasks assignment and a team schedule
- Providing day-to-day feedback and creatively solve problems
- Ensuring that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction, and deadlines
- Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create an excellent and coherent user experience
- Being responsible for user interface art direction and functionality.
- Acting as a go-to person in regards to all user interface related topics.
- Driving UI visual designs from the concept phase throughout the iteration process up to highly polished final assets.
- Assisting code teams in the implementation of assets.
- Managing and collaborating with UI professionals within the studio.
- Assuring that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Conduct consistent performance reviews of staff members
- Conducting recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Minimum 5 years of UI/UX experience
- At least 2 years of experience in leading/coordinating work of UI/UX
- At least 1 shipped AAA project from start to finish with credits
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills
- Strong expertise in design fundamentals and UI/UX design trends.
- Mastery of UX interaction and design principles and deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, design patterns, and annotated comps.
- Good knowledge of motion design, UI animation, modeling, and VFX.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various development teams.
- Ability to illustrate ideas and advocate them within the team.
- Traditional art skills along with core graphic design competencies (composition and layout, typography, color, and light)
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
Technical knowledge of UE4
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities