Lead Gameplay Programmer
- 199 Water St, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Code
- Location: US / New York
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action- adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
We are looking for an experienced Lead Gameplay Programmer who exhibits passion and curiosity in building complex gameplay systems and leading the entire gameplay programming team. At People Can Fly New York, you will work with some of the industry’s most exciting technology and work alongside talented individuals. Working across multiple departments and in close proximity with the Creative Director, you and your team will implement elements of combat and character gameplay with a strong focus on the player experience. You will develop and maintain the tools and systems necessary for designers to create missions, build complex gameplay mechanics, and balance the game.
- At least 7+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- At least one shipped AAA project from start to finish as Lead Gameplay Programmer
- Excellent knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent skills in C/C++
- Strong math skills
- Strong familiarity with AI, physics, animation, and gameplay code in general
- Ability to diagnose problems and make quick and accurate decisions
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Jira and Perforce
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- A keen sense of what makes gameplay systems fun
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and team attitude working with game developers from all disciplines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for games
Nice to have
- Experience with UE4 engine development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities