Lead Environment Artist
- 405 Avenue Ogilvy, Montréal, QC H3N 1M3, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Technical Art
- Location: Canada / Montreal
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
People Can Fly is looking for a Lead Environment Artist. Working together with the other art leads and designers, the Lead Environment Artist is tasked with managing the environment art department as well as managing the art outsourcing pipeline. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the environment art team’s creation of visually stunning environments that both closely capture the look and artistic style of the concept art as well as meet all design and technical requirements for the game. The Lead Environment Artist will guide their team in constructing artistically groundbreaking environments that support engrossing and rich gameplay experiences.
- Experience in all aspects of the environment creation workflow: asset modeling and texturing, architectural and environment design, world layout, set dressing, lighting, optimization, and everything in between.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in developing, managing, and delivering at least two AAA projects from start to finish
- Experience in creating high quality creative/visual aesthetics that set the bar for next-generation quality standards
- Good technical knowledge of real-time lighting systems, PBR, and shaders
- Experience with industry-standard software packages for 3D modeling, high-poly sculpting, and texture painting (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Photoshop, or their equivalents)
- Experience managing art outsourcing clients and day to day asset approvals
- Ability to think outside the box to come up with more efficient techniques
- High work ethic and self-motivated
- Passion for Games
Nice to have
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 is a plus
- Experience working in Houdini is a plus
- Shader programming experience is a plus
- Shipped-title experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Working with highly-skilled, senior-level professionals
- Being part of a young organization and having a true impact on your daily work
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Opportunity to work on innovative, exciting AAA projects with the newest technologies
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities