Game Designer (Camera)
- 199 Water St, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
- Location: US / New York
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
People Can Fly is seeking a talented and passionate camera-minded designer to join our team as a Camera Designer. You will be collaborating across departments to implement cameras that seamlessly transitions between gameplay and cinematics, while also collaborating with the combat team to bring a cinematic quality to our combat flow. You will work side by side with a camera programmer to establish and execute the visual style through cameras and enhance the player’s narrative and gameplay experience.
- You will establish, prototype, and document all dynamic cameras within the gameplay loop
- Take on the role of a “virtual” camera operator with an eye for narrative editing
- Work closely with our gameplay programming team and animation team to achieve smart cinematic cameras that can adjust dynamically to player actions
- Learn to use our customized tools and help further their development to achieve new standards using the in-game camera
- Be willing to work through the creative and technical hurdles of an ever-evolving, intense production pipeline
- A solid understanding of the creative process from conception through post
- Organized and passionate about creating great player experiences
- At least one AAA title shipped where you focused on the camera
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably with cinematography, storyboarding, animation, or photography focus)
- A strong passion for games, film, and pop culture
- Experience and technically proficiency using game engine tools
- Proven ability to understand and execute high quality, realistic camera work
- Ability to quickly pick up new and different creative tools from in-game engines to customized support tools
- Proficient with professional film/fx editing software – Premier, After Effects, Avid, and/or Final Cut knowledge is a bonus
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-player mentality
Nice to have
- Familiarity with UE4 pipelines and the Unreal camera systems
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities