- 1144 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Audio
- Location: US / Chicago
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer the access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material.
- Implementing assets in Wwise by creating events using Wwise powerful logic system.
- Writing simple logic in UE4 using Blueprint.
- Managing large volumes of audio assets.
- Keeping the project organized.
- Performing field and Foley recording if needed.
- Acting as an audio resource for all media that need sound work including but not limited to cinematics, internal video and promotional material.
- Audio play-testing (on target platforms) and audio quality assurance.
- Identifying, prioritizing, reporting, and resolving audio bugs/issues.
- At least 3 years of games industry experience.
- Shipped AAA title experience is strongly recommended, but not a must.
- Knowledge of recording techniques, Foley sound creation and on-location recording.
- Knowledge of modern mixing techniques including object base, 3D audio, dolby atmos, 5.1.
- Experience using core UE4 implementation solutions such as Blueprints logic; the Map Editor; the Animations Editor, etc.
- Strong knowledge of middleware Wwise. Create complex events and efficient mix desk, advance use of Wwise profiler and logic.
- High level of familiarity with audio software such as Reaper, Pro tools, Sound Forge, Wavelab and various plugins.
- Experience working on X360/Xbox One/PS3/PS4 platforms.
- Working knowledge of Perforce, JIRA, Agile methodology.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Open minded with a team orientated style.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and organized.
- Passionate about playing and making video games.
- Video editing skill is highly appreciated.
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities