- 405 Av. Ogilvy, Montréal, QC H3N 1M3, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
- Location: Canada / Montreal
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer the access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
People Can Fly is seeking a Writer that will work with the design team and be responsible for ideating and conveying the vision of the game’s narrative elements. This role will primarily involve creating, owning, and implementing original narrative content in close collaboration with game designers and the audio team. The Writer will also write dialogue and in-game text, as well as assist in recording sessions.
- Working with the design team, you will assist in the development of compelling original story content consistent with company philosophy and vision
- Conceive scenarios, missions and objectives that are tied to larger story goals
- Own the development, function and presentation of in-game narrative content
- Maintain dialogue asset pipeline and assist in recording sessions and management of scripts
- Write and edit dialogue, enemy barks, objective text, and other narrative content
- Proven experience creating and implementing narrative content for interactive experiences
- Experience in a professional writing/editing capacity, preferably focused on creating narrative game content.
- Ability to realize characters through concise, evocative dialogue.
- Understanding of classic story structure and the dramatic form.
- College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, or equivalent.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Working with highly-skilled, senior-level professionals
- Being part of a young organization and having a true impact on your daily work
- Opportunity to work on innovative, exciting AAA projects with the newest technologies
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities