- 199 Water St, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Code
- Location: US / New York
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer the access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
We are looking for an Animation Programmer to join our team and work on our latest announced project "Outriders". The Candidate will be responsible for tackling the challenges related to animations, including the way characters dynamically look on screen, responsiveness, making tools to ease out the process of making and using animations for the whole game, maintaining, developing, and improving our current tools and systems. Optimizing animations for all platforms.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Knowledge in software design patterns and ability to design maintainable, extendable, and well-optimized codes
- Strong math skills, specifically good knowledge of linear algebra
- Interested in game animation and passion for real-time animation topics
- Skills in implementing project's animation requirements, maintain, design and improve existing animation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- UE4 knowledge
- Shipped-title experience
- BS (or higher) in computer science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, etc)
- Experience with any kind of animation systems like UE4 animation system, Unity Mecanim, Morpheme,
- Havok animation, Emotion FX, or any other in-house animation system
- Skills in using DCC tools like 3DSmax, Maya, Motion Builder is a plus
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities