Senior Engine Programmer
- Abbot's Hill, Gateshead NE8 3DF, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Code
- Location: UK / Newcastle
- Project: Framework
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer the access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
PCF Framework is a home of coding experts who ensure that the key areas of the Unreal Engine used by PCF are being properly developed across different games and platforms. The team also makes sure that we have less systems to maintain while remaining competitive and is responsible for driving our architecture and R&D initiatives forward.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining new low-level systems and overall architecture
- Creating performance and memory optimization Tools and Features
- Testing existing systems and proposing new systems and features implementations whenever is cost-effective
- Testing, debugging, profiling, optimizing, and documenting implementations
- Assessing and accepting systems from other code teams
- Mentoring less experienced peers
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Occasionally onboarding new hire
- Actively attending in code reviews
- Minimum 6 years of software engineering experience
- At least 1 AAA credits as a programmer
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Excellent math and/or physics skills
- Passion for writing solid, reliable, efficient code and highly scalable systems
- Experience with multiple core systems, such as graphics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, etc.
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Proficiency with Swarm and Perforce
- Excellent communication skills
- Work effectively under a tight deadline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Experience working with multithreaded systems
- Performance and memory optimization skills
- Console experience, especially next-generation systems
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care & gym card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities