- 1144 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Code
- Location: US / Chicago
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action- adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Lead and manage all engineers
- Work with the Creative Director to understand and carry out the vision for the game
- Translate the game vision into an actionable technical design. Execute that technical design throughout the development
- Work with the Art, Animation, and Creative directors to identify and define pipelines, workflows, and tools; and manage the effort to build, test, and improve them
- Evaluate both internal and external technology solutions
- Maintain overall code quality, ensuring that code is cross-platform, reusable, and maintainable
- Manage internal and external technology dependencies and risks, and create mitigation plans for all critical path technologies
- Work with the production team to revise and validate engineering estimates and production plans
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure quality and consistency
- Define and enforce performance metrics throughout the development
- Research and propose new innovations that may benefit the project
- Provide mentorship, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving assistance to members of the engineering team
- Proactively identify cross-discipline challenges
- Promote a culture of open, honest, and respectful communication across all disciplines
- A minimum of 2+ shipped AAA titles with management or lead responsibilities
- Experience developing multi-platform projects
- Experience developing FPS, RPG, or Action games
- Experience with third-party technology solutions, including the Unreal Engine
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Expert knowledge of C / C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities