Senior Concept Artist
- 1144 W Fulton Market, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Art
- Location: US / Chicago
- Project: Dagger
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Dagger is a new IP developed with Take-Two Interactive. It’s a yet unannounced AAA action-adventure game developed by our North American team supported by PCF’s European studios.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Work with Art Director and Lead Artist to develop the look and feel of our new AAA game through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept art
- Assist the art lead in defining the art style of the game. Researching and proposing concept references together with the Art Director
- Create character, environment, structure, creature, tone, or any other concepts that could be needed during pre-production and production phases
- Conceptualize stylized designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall vision for the project and work with game designers to vet their ideas through concepts and create designs that stay within technical constraints.
- Understanding and evangelizing the visual style of the game
- Produce benchmark quality assets covering all aspects of concept design, key art, illustration, and storyboards adhering to the products art direction
- Develop style guides, creative briefs and art quality benchmarks for outsourcing and the team
- Review and feedback on work produced by external artists
- Mentor less experienced artists and lead by example with organised workflows and efficient processes
Would you like to work with a team that consistently ships innovative and over-the-top action games? Would you like to be the person engaged in development of our AAA products in New York? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team here at People Can Fly.
People Can Fly is looking for a passionate Senior Concept Artist. You will be responsible for creating cool environments, characters, weapons and vehicles for our games and ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game. You need to have a creative mind, the ability to create scenes with a memorable “wow” factor, but with grounding details to make it believable and personal.
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities