Junior VFX Artist
- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Technical Art
- Location: Poland / Warsaw
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Following the established vision of the game’s story and gameplay in process of VFX creation
- Translating concept art and any other available game design documents into a prototype and implement it as real-time VFX in-game under leads supervision
- Creating ambient environment effects that enhance mood, tell a story, and make the world feel alive
- Working with the designers to create effects for scripted events and story moments
- Creating gameplay effects that make the world feel exciting, and that gives the player necessary gameplay feedback
- Working with the lighting department to create an atmosphere, a sense of depth in the scene, and to reinforce the color palette
- A good eye for the timing, animation, and motion of real-world objects and visual effects
- An understanding of real-time effects
- Basic understanding of normal map
- Basic understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Desire for knowledge and being open to learning
- Ability to take follow established direction and implement feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Understanding and application of normal mapping
- Working experience in the gaming industry
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- General knowledge of 2D/3D software
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities