Senior Level Designer
- Litewska 10, 35-302 Rzeszów, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
- Location: Poland / Rzeszow
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading Polish gaming studios and a globally operating AAA game developer that made its mark on the action shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgement and Outriders. We are also one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We have gained a vast know-how as a part of Epic Games family and we have developed our unique, trademark approach to the engine as an independent studio. We are rapidly growing, ambitious company looking for the most promising talents working in the game industry.
In December 2020 studios’ holding company PCF Group S.A. debuted as a public company on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. Over the last 5 years, our studios have grown up from 40 to over 350 people, whom we affectionately call ‘Aviators’. In addition to our headquarters in Warsaw, we have studios located in Poland (Lodz and Rzeszow), the UK (Newcastle), the US (New York and Chicago), and Canada (Montreal) – with plans to expand even further in near future! Recently, our family was extended with a newly formed partnership with Game On, a creative motion capture, animation, and audio studio with a portfolio of AAA collaborations.
To foster the creative process, we make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct
communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you will have a real impact on the games we’re working on. We also offer access to solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. Our modus operandi is based on staying dynamic, evolving in sync with gaming industry trends and focusing on delivering creative solutions in any circumstances.
During the pandemic, we have successfully transitioned to a remote work model, and we aim to develop it further and keep this option available to most of our employees. And with millions of players embracing our recent hit, Outriders, we can guarantee that you will work on the projects with true impact on the whole gaming community.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
Take flight on this amazing journey with us and spread your wings in the game industry!
- Blocking and building levels and willingness to repeat them intensively - through testing, delivery, and feedback implementation
- Collaborate with the Art Team to ensure that the levels are of the highest visual quality while maintaining gameplay and fun
- Working closely with Game Designer and Programmer teams, creating maps as fun as they can be, and integrating any new features into the built-in levels
- Have full ownership - from paper design, through whitebox phase, scripting, iteration, debugging, optimization - to the delivery of the project.
- Mentoring and giving constructive feedback to fellow colleagues as well as supporting their work when necessary
- Collaborating with Lead Level Designer in improving processes and workflows, proactively propose solutions
- Occasionally supporting Lead in recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- 5+ Years of professional-level design experience
- At least one successful shipped AAA title on PC or console
- Experience in level design – both practice and theory (chokepoints, routes, lines of sight, engagement distances)
- Experience in working with the shooter genre
- Ability to process, understand and implement feedback
- Great understanding of creative and game development processes
- UE4 knowledge and Unreal Engine Editor full working proficiency
- Proficiency with Atlassian software (JIRA, Confluence)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
- Knowledge and passion for games
Nice to have
Experience with scripting languages, understanding of programming paradigms and concepts
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities