Senior Concept Artist
- 405 Avenue Ogilvy, Montréal, QC H3N 1M3, Canada
- Department: Art
- Location: Canada / Montreal
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
Would you like to work with a team that consistently ships innovative and over-the-top action games? Would you like to be the person engaged in development of our AAA products in New York? If you answered yes to any of those questions we would like to talk to you about joining our team here at People Can Fly.
People Can Fly is looking for a passionate Senior Concept Artist. You will be responsible for creating cool environments, characters, weapons and vehicles for our games and ensuring a consistent art style is maintained across the game. You need to have a creative mind, the ability to create scenes with a memorable “wow” factor, but with grounding details to make it believable and personal.
All applicants are required to relocate for full-time positions in New York.
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Strong portfolio showcasing your concept art skills
- Solid traditional drawing skills and visual knowledge of human anatomy
- Good mechanical design skills
- Ability to show visual storytelling within an environment design
- Traditional art skills along with core graphic design competencies (composition and layout, typography, color and light)
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Ability to work with several development teams, while maintaining consistency of design
- Vector art creation (Flash, Illustrator) is a plus
- 3D software knowledge (Maya/Max/SketchUp) is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Working with highly-skilled, senior-level professionals.
- Being part of a young organization and having a true impact on your daily work.
- Opportunity to work on innovative, exciting AAA projects with the newest technologies
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities