- 405 Avenue Ogilvy, Montréal, QC H3N 1M3, Canada
- Department: Code
- Location: Canada / Montreal
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
People Can Fly is looking for an AI Programmer, able to expand AI systems provided by UE4, as well as create new robust solutions. This person will also work with artists and designers on the behavior of a high variety of non-player characters, bringing to life memorable enemies of all shapes and sizes.
- Expert in C++ and object-oriented programming with a strong 3D math background
- Minimum 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience in programming movement, navigation, and decision-making AI
- Game designer's creativity
- Keen analytical mind
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Unreal Engine 4 knowledge
- Shipped title experience
- Experience working on a mod/title on the Unreal Engine
- Performance and optimization skills
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment.
- Working with highly-skilled, senior-level professionals.
- Being part of a young organization and having a true impact on your daily work.
- Opportunity to work on innovative, exciting AAA projects with the newest technologies.
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities