- aleja "Solidarności", Warszawa, Poland
- Department: Audio
- Location: Poland / Warsaw
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
- Creating sound effects using custom recordings and library material to generate original audio
- Designing, creating, editing, converting, implementing, and managing large volumes of audio content
- Responsibility for several audio sub-disciplines (e.g. Environmental audio, physics audio, etc.) Creative autonomy around these areas shall be given to the candidate
- Meeting production deadlines and schedules.
- Performing field recording and foley if needed.
- Responsibility for the audio output of the studio, acting as an audio resource for all media that need sound work
- Production of linear audio for cinematics and promotional material
- Audio play-testing (on target platforms) and audio quality assurance.
- Identifying, prioritizing, reporting, and resolving audio bugs/issues
- At least 2 years of games industry experience
- Shipped AAA title experience is strongly recommended, but not a must
- Knowledge of recording techniques, foley sound creation, and on-location recording.
- Experience using core UE4 audio implementation solutions such as Blueprints logic; the SoundCue editor; the Sound Class and Passive Sound Mix system; the Map Editor; the Animations Editor, etc. You are comfortable editing map geometry in UE4, adding Ambient Actors, Audio Volumes, etc.
- Knowledge of middleware solutions such as Wwise
- High level of familiarity with audio software such as Reaper, Nuendo, Sound Forge, Wavelab various plugins to produce solid, cutting edge sound design.
- Experience working on X360/Xbox One/PS3/PS4 platforms.
- Working knowledge of Perforce, JIRA, Agile methodology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
- Ability to play on any instrument
- Basic skills in music composition
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities