Senior Graphics Programmer
- 199 Water St, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Department: Code
- Location: US / New York
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
At People Can Fly New York, you will have an opportunity to help build and create a rendering pipeline from the ground up and help set the vision for how our graphics should look and feel. You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining both high-level and low-level graphics-related systems. You will also stay on top of new industry trends to develop our next-generation graphics engine. We are in particular looking for a render generalist with an aesthetic eye who can work closely with our artists to make our worlds come to life.
- 5+ years of experience working in the games industry
- Fluent in C/C++
- Developed at least one AAA title on PS4, Xbox One, or PC from start to finish
- Excellent math skills with an emphasis on 3D math
- Good knowledge of the PS4, Xbox One, DX11/12 rendering architectures, and APIs
- Solid background in rendering with experience in shaders, geometry processing, and lighting
- Experience with CPU/GPU optimizations
- You are interested in working in all parts of the codebase, as well as doing great things with our renderer
- You have experience with multi-threaded programming.
- You don't mind rapid prototyping to test the feasibility of concepts, even if sometimes they don't work out
- Experience with large codebases and you have the ability to work on code that you didn't write
- Experience with optimizing code and data to improve both memory consumption and execution speed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience in UE4 development
- Experience working on multiplayer games
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities