Principal Character Artist
- 199 Water St, New York, NY 10038, USA
- Department: Art
- Location: US / New York
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
People Can Fly is looking for a Principal Character Artist. This person will be responsible for setting the artistic vision for how our character and creature models are designed and developed as well as maintaining the quality standards across the entire character development pipeline. This person will be responsible for delivering the highest quality models for use in gameplay, cinematics, and even our marketing material.
- 8+ years of experience in developing character models at the highest quality level
- Shipped game title experience (credits in at least 2 AAA titles as a Character Artist)
- Ability to create believable characters that are full of life and personality
- Ability to create complex creature types from bipeds to quadrupeds and beyond
- Ability to create high poly and low poly models as well as textures.
- Ability to adapt to, and innovate new styles and techniques
- Strong organic modeling skills (human faces, clothing, believable creatures)
- Strong hard-surface modeling skills (armor, weapons)
- Very good knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer, Substance)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
Experience working in UE4
What we offer
- 100% company paid Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Company-paid holidays and an attractive paid time off policy which includes 4 weeks of vacation
- Relocation Assistance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Pet Insurance
- Flexible Savings Account Programs
- Commuter Tax benefits
- Discounted gym memberships to keep our staff healthy and happy
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities