Lead UI Designer
- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Department: Design
- Location: Poland / Warsaw
People Can Fly is one of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world. We took off in 2002 and since then, we have never slowed down. We made our mark on the action-shooter genre, developing titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and Gears of War: Judgement. After being part of the Epic Games family, our desire to stay free and create on our own terms eventually made us independent.
Over the years our studio has grown from 40 to nearly 300 people, whom we affectionately call ‘aviators’, located across the globe. You’ll now find us not only in Poland but also in the United Kingdom, the United States, and Canada. Our world-class creative teams are currently working on two exciting AAA projects - Outriders and a brand new action-adventure title.
We make great games and this is why freedom and ownership stay at the center of everything we do. We make sure that our culture stays informal, whilst direct communication and a quick decision-making process really matter. As a PCF aviator, you’ll have a real impact on the games we’re working on. You’ll also receive access to our solid know-how, creative resources, and constructive feedback at every stage of development. We want to embrace your contribution!
This is a unique moment in our history. Take flight on this amazing journey with us and become a part of something truly special!
- Providing mentorship, direction, and best in class principles to ensure quality results and efficient working practices
- Managing talents of UI/UX team to achieve the best possible result for the project and personal growth of team members
- Establish and maintain workflow for UI/UX department
- Working with the production team on tasks assignment and a team schedule
- Providing day-to-day feedback and creatively solve problems
- Ensuring that the work of the team follows the quality standards, artistic direction, and deadlines
- Collaborating with artists, designers, and other disciplines to create an excellent and coherent user experience
- Being responsible for user interface art direction and functionality.
- Acting as a go-to person in regards to all user interface related topics.
- Driving UI visual designs from the concept phase throughout the iteration process up to highly polished final assets.
- Assisting code teams in the implementation of assets.
- Managing and collaborating with UI professionals within the studio.
- Assuring that game information is well conveyed through the various user interfaces
- Providing R&D projects and pipeline and workflows improvements
- Bug Fixing and describing R&D case studies in the knowledge base
- Conduct consistent performance reviews of staff members
- Conducting recruitment projects with HR collaboration
- Minimum 5 years of UI/UX experience
- At least 2 years of experience in leading/coordinating work of UI/UX
- At least 1 shipped AAA project from start to finish with credits
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills
- Strong expertise in design fundamentals and UI/UX design trends.
- Mastery of UX interaction and design principles and deliverables including rapid prototyping, concept diagrams, user scenarios, wireframes, flows, experience maps, design patterns, and annotated comps.
- Good knowledge of motion design, UI animation, modeling, and VFX.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various development teams.
- Ability to illustrate ideas and advocate them within the team.
- Traditional art skills along with core graphic design competencies (composition and layout, typography, color, and light)
- Strong understanding of color theory and how color affects mood & focal points
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
Nice to have
Technical knowledge of UE4
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care including dental treatment & MultiSport card
- Business trips and integration events
- Comprehensive assistance in relocation
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes and Polish lessons for foreigners
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities