Business Development Representative
- Raleigh, NC
Pendo is a company focused on creating a platform that increase user engagement. We were founded in 2013 by former product owners and engineers from companies like Rally, Google, Cisco, and Red Hat. We learned that understanding how your customers use your products and helping them be effective is an expensive and time-consuming task. Pendo solves this.
We are a well funded startup located in downtown Raleigh. We are product-people building a product for other product-people. Our culture is passionate, making our customers successful, and fun.
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 3x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are metrics driven and hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. Finally, we have fun.
As a Business Development Rep you will be responsible for outbound prospecting with the goal of generating new pipeline for the company. Prospecting will include outbound calls and emails to new companies that would be potential users of the Pendo platform. You will set demos for the Account Executives whom you will work with to learn how to call, identify qualified leads, complete demos and close deals. You will be learning sales in an exciting SaaS B2B sales team.
What you will do
- Generate new sales demos to be completed by Account Executives.
- Research and target exciting new SaaS companies using prospecting tools.
- Build cold call and email campaigns targeting new prospects.
- Learn and demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers.
- Manage free trial implementations and work with sales engineers to troubleshoot any issues.
- Record and document all sales activities in SalesForce.com.
- 2 years or less of sales experience, but none required.
- Willingness to learn in a high paced sales environment.
- Ability to embrace feedback and hold yourself accountable.
- The ability to learn technology basics and apply them to business situations.
- Be belligerently confident and relentlessly curious.
- Must work hard and with a sense of urgency.
What you'll get.
- A deep knowledge of selling a SaaS B2B product.
- The ability to prospect, demo, and close in a high paced environment.
- Proficiency in sales tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Datanyze, LinkedIn, and more.
- The opportunity to become an Account Executive and advance your career in the Sales organization.
Pendo benefits and perks:
- Health, dental, and vision benefits (covered day 1 of employment)
- Lunch (Free) and Learns every Thursday
- Open vacation policy
- Company Equity
- Working with a great team and having a huge impact!
- Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No Agencies Please!
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.