Part-time Casual Member Service Representative - Supporting all Branches
Be a part of something different
We may offer the same products and services as a big bank, but we couldn’t be more different. We’re rooted in purpose and we’re on a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities. We support nearly 20,000 members and businesses digitally, over the telephone, and in-person across a network of six branches across Niagara and Haldimand.
At PenFinancial, our people are our greatest asset and our values speak for themselves: accountability, passion, integrity, respect, and knowledge. More than a poster on the wall, our values guide everything we do. They’re values we live every single day – where everyone has a voice and where we listen. Just ask someone who works here to see what they think, and check out our latest annual report to see what we’ve been up to.
We provide all of our employees with a generous benefits package that includes a Living Wage salary, defined contribution pension plan and performance-based success sharing. Combine that with our commitment to contributing to the wellbeing of our employees through competitive benefits programs, wellness days and allowances for education, and it’s no surprise that our employee engagement scores are consistently so strong.
Our commitment to community
We live our brand from the inside out, and our Truly Local Commitment starts with our employees. We support an inclusive, diverse, and caring internal culture. We encourage our employees to give back to the causes that are meaningful to them and their families by providing opportunities to volunteer and represent our truly local credit union through our Truly Local Ambassador program. And, we also commit to investing a portion of our profits directly back into our local communities.
We are a proud Certified B Corporation committed to doing business for good, and we choose 100% renewable energy with Bullfrog Power to support environmental sustainability.
The Member Service Representative provides excellent customer service that is accurate, timely, and efficient to our Members in all interactions, both at the front counter and/or by phone/email. MSR’s also uncover opportunities where we can better help Members, and potential Members, with our various banking solutions/services and refers them to appropriate branch partner to help our Members achieve their financial goals. The MSR will ensure they are aware of, and adhere to, operating procedures and policies to safeguard the assets of the organization and the Member.
- Create a personal and exceptional Member experience (both at the front counter and/or by phone), by developing and deepening relationships, maintaining regular communication, answer inquiries, providing timely responses, value-added information and advice to Members while always striving to increase Member satisfaction through service provided.
- Handle Member requests for deposits, withdrawals, transfers, identify and fulfill member’s financial service’s need and other basic transactions. Assist members with ATM, MasterCard and Debit Cards by accepting payments, applications, encoding of new cards, and inquiries.
- Promotes credit unions’ products and services when a need or opportunity specific to the member is identified by offering a full range of financial services, including registered and non-registered investments, and basic loan services. Make referrals to specialists and advisors as required.
- Responsible for balancing of daily cash as required and location of all cash differences, ensuring the immediate supervisor is advised immediately. Assist with ATM loading and balancing.
- Attend to the accurate and prompt preparation and audit of all assigned reports, status checking, investment renewals and internal accounting reports.
- Identify opportunities to promote and complete credit card applications with Members and complete regular care calls
- Open account types and demands, as required and proactively resolve Member concerns and refer to Manager when required.
- Improve efficiency and simplicity while supporting a culture of innovation, utilize all procedures as appropriate for organizational consistency in application and execution including being personally accountable to ensure that you have read, understood and have implemented your daily work resulting in a satisfactory rating on all branch audits while constantly producing innovative solutions to create efficiencies in your work.
- Foster truly local banking by identify opportunities to develop business within the community and attract new Members by establishing “centers of influence” outside the branch, and participating in community and branch events as a brand ambassador.
- Perform other assigned responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Post-Secondary School Preferred)
- Cash handling experience
- Experience assisting Members in a bank or credit union for a minimum of 2 years considered an asset
- Previous experience with sales is considered an asset
To learn more visit https://www.penfinancial.com/careers
While we welcome all applications, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations will be made for job candidates upon request.