Social Purpose Coordinator
Be a part of something different
We may offer the same products and services as a big bank, but we couldn’t be more different. We’re rooted in purpose and we’re on a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities. We support nearly 20,000 members and businesses digitally, over the telephone, and in-person across a network of six branches across Niagara and Haldimand.
At PenFinancial, our people are our greatest asset and our values speak for themselves: accountability, passion, integrity, respect, and knowledge. More than a poster on the wall, our values guide everything we do. They’re values we live every single day – where everyone has a voice and where we listen. Just ask someone who works here to see what they think, and check out our latest annual report to see what we’ve been up to.
We provide all of our employees with a generous benefits package that includes a Living Wage salary, defined contribution pension plan and performance-based success sharing. Combine that with our commitment to contributing to the wellbeing of our employees through competitive benefits programs, wellness days and allowances for education, and it’s no surprise that our employee engagement scores are consistently so strong.
Our commitment to community
We live our brand from the inside out, and our Truly Local Commitment starts with our employees. We support an inclusive, diverse, and caring internal culture. We encourage our employees to give back to the causes that are meaningful to them and their families by providing opportunities to volunteer and represent our truly local credit union through our Truly Local Ambassador program. And, we also commit to investing a portion of our profits directly back into our local communities.
We are a proud Certified B Corporation committed to doing business for good, and we choose 100% renewable energy with Bullfrog Power to support environmental sustainability.
The newly created Social Purpose Coordinator role will be responsible for providing hands-on support for all marketing activities that directly support and promote the PenFinancial brand in the community. The primary focus will be on activities related to our Truly Local Commitment, supporting our certification as a B Corp and Living Wage employer, and engaging staff through our Truly Local Ambassador program.
- Provide hands-on support for all TLC activities – including identifying and evaluating sponsorship opportunities and incoming charitable requests; and ensuring brand representation at all sponsored events
- Manage the Truly Local Ambassador program – including engaging staff, promoting the program and working with community partners to identify volunteer opportunities
- Work with Marketing team to create social media content and other marketing content specific to social purpose and community impact
- Assist with the management and promotion of our B Corp Certification and Living Wage certification
- Lead the sourcing, management and fulfillment of branded swag, including vendor management
- Coordinate the activities of the new PenFinancial Social Purpose Advisory Group
- Identify opportunities to improve our commitment to social purpose
- Liaise with community partners and vendors as required
- Set goals and report on the effectiveness of community impact and social purpose activities
- Provide general marketing and communications support and perform other duties as requested
- Perform other assigned responsibilities.
- 3-5 years’ hands-on experience in marketing, communications or event management
- University or College degree in a related field
- Demonstrable experience supporting activities and strategies relating to ESG, social purpose, corporate social responsibility, sponsorships/donations, and/or community impact programs
- Familiarity with B Corp Certification and UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written) and creativity
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Experience managing budgets
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of HubSpot and Adobe Creative Suite are assets
To learn more visit https://www.penfinancial.com/careers
While we welcome all applications, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations will be made for job candidates upon request.