Part Time Member Service Representative - Supporting Main St Branch
- 247 E Main St, Welland, ON L3B 3X1, Canada
We are current looking for an awesome person to join our Dunnville Branch!
Why join PenFi
We have a lot of reasons to be proud to work here.
- We have a generous benefits package, defined contribution pension plan and performance based success sharing to wellness days and allowances and leadership and learning development investments
- Local is everything. We're all about working with local businesses and partnering with our communities to make them strong and vibrant
- As a credit union, living the co-operative principles are part of our long and rich history
- We develop meaningful relationships with our co-workers and members - that means learning about their passions, families, ambitions and doing what we can to improve their lives
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but we like to have a little fun along the way
- Education is a priority and we offer an abundance of leadership and professional development programs and training to help you be the best you can be
- Corporate Social Responsibility is alive and well. From our partner Socks for Change to delivering financial literacy to new Canadians, to reducing our impact on the environment to being the official sponsor of the Niagara 2022 Canada Summer Games - we donate our time, money and expertise
- We are all PenFi ambassadors and we live our truly local brand from the inside out
Who we are
PenFinancial Credit Union has been helping Niagara grow for over 60 years. With nearly 20,000 Members, and a rich history, our roots are firmly planted and our future is strong. As a values-driven co-operative we believe the prosperity of our Members and our community go hand in hand, and we’re on a mission to improve lives and strengthen communities.
The Member Service Representative provides excellent customer service that is accurate, timely, and efficient to our Members in all interactions, both at the front counter and/or by phone/email. MSR’s also uncover opportunities where we can better help Members, and potential Members, with our various banking solutions/services and refers them to appropriate branch partner to help our Members achieve their financial goals. The MSR will ensure they are aware of, and adhere to, operating procedures and policies to safeguard the assets of the organization and the Member.
- Create a personal and exceptional Member experience (both at the front counter and/or by phone), by developing and deepening relationships, maintaining regular communication, answer inquiries, providing timely responses, value-added information and advice to Members while always striving to increase Member satisfaction through service provided.
- Handle Member requests for deposits, withdrawals, transfers, identify and fulfill member’s financial service’s need and other basic transactions. Assist members with ATM, MasterCard and Debit Cards by accepting payments, applications, encoding of new cards, and inquiries.
- Promotes credit unions’ products and services when a need or opportunity specific to the member is identified by offering a full range of financial services, including registered and non-registered investments, and basic loan services. Make referrals to specialists and advisors as required.
- Responsible for balancing of daily cash as required and location of all cash differences, ensuring the immediate supervisor is advised immediately. Assist with ATM loading and balancing.
- Attend to the accurate and prompt preparation and audit of all assigned reports, status checking, investment renewals and internal accounting reports.
- Identify opportunities to promote and complete credit card applications with Members and complete regular care calls
- Open account types and demands, as required and proactively resolve Member concerns and refer to Manager when required.
- Improve efficiency and simplicity while supporting a culture of innovation, utilize all procedures as appropriate for organizational consistency in application and execution including being personally accountable to ensure that you have read, understood and have implemented your daily work resulting in a satisfactory rating on all branch audits while constantly producing innovative solutions to create efficiencies in your work.
- Foster truly local banking by identify opportunities to develop business within the community and attract new Members by establishing “centers of influence” outside the branch, and participating in community and branch events as a brand ambassador.
- Perform other assigned responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (Post-Secondary School Preferred)
- Cash handling experience
- Experience assisting Members in a bank or credit union for a minimum of 2 years considered an asset
- Previous experience with sales is considered an asset
To learn more visit https://www.penfinancial.com/careers
While we welcome all applications, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations will be made for job candidates upon request.