Human Resources Generalist
- 247 E Main St, Welland, ON L3B 3X1, Canada
Why join PenFi
We have a lot of reasons to be proud to work here.
- We have a deluxe benefits package, success sharing program and comprehensive pension plan
- Local is everything. We're all about working with local businesses and partnering with our communities to make them strong and vibrant
- As a credit union, living the co-operative principles are part of our long and rich history
- We develop meaningful relationships with our co-workers and members - that means learning about their passions, families, ambitions and doing what we can to improve their lives
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but we like to have a little fun along the way
- Education is a priority and we offer an abundance of leadership and professional development programs and training to help you be the best you can be
- Corporate Social Responsibility is alive and well. From our award winning Skates for Kids Program to delivering financial literacy to new Canadians, to sponsoring local events - we donate our time, money and expertise
- We are all PenFi ambassadors and we live our truly local brand from the inside out
Who we are
We live, work and play in the Niagara Peninsula. We know Niagara's economy, it's people and every unique community. With over 20,000 personal and business members, we offer all of the products and services that our members have grown to know and love from their truly local credit union. We employ 100 truly awesome people with a desire to provide remarkable member experiences every single day.
SO YOU WANT TO BE THE GREATEST HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST OF ALL TIME?
At PenFi, Human Resources plays an integral role to the success of our organization. Our passion for people isn't only something we just talk about, it's ingrained in our culture through every decision we make. After all, we're truly a values-based Credit Union which reveals itself not only in the Human Resources department, but the company as a whole.
So if you want to actually make a difference at a truly local organization in Niagara, then we want you! You see...this isn't your run of the mill HR department, this is about actually improving the lives of our employees, and in turn, improving the Niagara community. Want proof? It's why we're the first Financial Institution in Niagara to become a certified Living Wage employer, and why we have a strong commitment to continuous learning for our amazing team of 100 employees. Just to name a few :).
The next part of this career description has lots of job lingo, but of course, we have some due diligence matters to take care.
As the Human Resources Generalist, you will have duties and responsibilities that include:
- Provide support in areas such as employee development, employee engagement, performance management, coaching, employment law, policy interpretation, etc.
- Actively build dynamic relationships by maintaining a working knowledge of the business environment and applying understanding to provide advice and support
- Lead recruitment initiatives by analyzing recruiting needs and developing appropriate job descriptions and postings and recruitment strategy. Review and shortlist resumes received. Arrange and conduct interviews to ensure positions are filled in a timely and efficient manner. Prepare offer letters to ensure consistency, internal equity and compliance, and perform reference/bonding checks for potential candidates.
- Provide leadership and support regarding employee relations matters.
- Oversee the employee recognition programs i.e. service awards, retirements, community service, etc.
- Support HR programs including the Performance Management and Succession Planning programs to ensure communication, calibration, reporting and associated processing of scoring and payouts.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of all human resources policies, programs and practices and make recommendations to keep the organization up to date on best practices and new trends or developments.
- Conduct ad hoc compensation reviews and recommendations ensuring alignment with PenFinancial's policies, industry best practices and compensation philosophy.
- Perform all duties relating to weekly payroll and year end payroll functions.
- Update and maintain employee information within HRIS including ensuring that all new hire and change documentation for employees is complete and processed. Maintain documentation for employees files (personal data changes, status changes, pay rate changes, terminations).
- Support Employee Health and Wellness program to support and enhance employee engagement including research and development of programs, wellness sessions and initiatives.
- Support training needs including: analyzing learning needs and setting learning objectives in consultation with employees and management; coordinating and organizing training sessions (booking of rooms, equipment required, etc.); conducting training as required.
- Lead all aspects of health and safety program, personnel committee, and other HR initiatives.
- Facilitate administrative details for training including but not limited to participant registration, communication, annual compliance training, facilities, equipment, attendance tracking and training evaluations and maintenance of training records.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in the field of human resources with 3-5 years HR experience
- Experience working in a financial institution is an asset
- Experience working in unionized environment is an asset
- Payroll experience is an asset
- CHRP/CHRL certification is an asset
- Ability to travel to all PenFinancial locations
- Ability to work flexible hours, when required
- Must be bondable
- Proactive and results oriented. Possess initiative and a positive "can do" attitude.
- Detail-oriented and very organized, with well-developed time management skills, enabling the achievement of deadlines and the effective handling of multiple priorities.
- Positive, confident, supportive and engaging interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Consistently demonstrates professional and responsible behaviours.
- Ability to deal effectively with all experience levels in a patient and enthusiastic manner.
- Strong written, oral and listening communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information.
Who we are
We live, work and play in the Niagara Peninsula. We know Niagara’s economy, it’s people and every unique community. With over 20,000 personal and business members, we offer all of the products and services that our members have grown to know and love from their truly local credit union. We employ 100 truly awesome people with a desire to provide remarkable member experiences every single day.
Why join PenFi?
We have a lot of reasons to be proud to work here.
• We have a deluxe benefits package, profit-sharing and comprehensive pension plan
• Local is everything. We’re all about working with local businesses and partnering with our communities to make them strong and vibrant
• As a credit union, living the co-operative principals is part of our long and rich history
• We develop meaningful relationships with our co-workers and members – that means learning about their passions, families, ambitions and doing what we can to improve their lives
• We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but we like to have a little fun along the way
• Education is a priority and we offer an abundance of leadership and professional development programs and training to help you be the best you can be
• Corporate Social Responsibility is alive and well. From our award winning Skates for Program to delivering financial literacy to new Canadians, to sponsoring local events – we donate our time, money and expertise
• We are all PenFi ambassadors and we live our truly local brand from the inside out