Part Time Casual Member Service Representative
- 247 E Main St, Welland, ON L3B 3X1, Canada
TOTAL COMPENSATION @ PENFI:We reward you far beyond a salary.
- We are a proud certified Living Wage employer that offers competitive salaries that are consistently reviewed to ensure they remain in line with the marketplace.
- Eligible employees receive a generous benefits package, defined contribution pension plan, and performance-based annual variable compensation program that rewards you for your hard work achieving your goals.
- Competitive vacation and wellness days so you have the time to invest in yourself. Who doesn't love time off?
- Health and wellness allowance of up to $150 for full-time employees, and $100 for part-time employees to support our commitment to employee wellness.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program – a confidential support service provided by Homewood Health.
LEARNING @ PENFI: The more you learn, the more we all succeed.
- Knowledge and continuous learning is a priority and we offer an abundance of leadership and professional development programs to help you be the best you can be.
- We are committed to recognizing employee development and performance through career progression and opportunities to take on new roles at PenFi.
- Looking to further your knowledge relevant to your position? We’re happy to provide education reimbursements.
- Access to over 250 eLearning courses provided by CuTraining.
BANKING @ PENFI: Banking where you work is important to us.
- Free banking! You didn’t think we’d make you pay banking fees, did you?
- Computer, wellness and clothing interest free loans.
OUR TRULY LOCAL COMMITMENT TO YOU:
Living our brand from the inside out.
- PenFinancial is a certified Living Wage employer. The only Financial Institution in Niagara that has this certification.
- We encourage our employees to give back to the causes that are meaningful to them by providing opportunities to volunteer and represent our truly local credit union.
- We provide a culture of recognition across the organization so that employees feel valued for their contributions.
- We work, live, and PLAY in Niagara. So expect some awesome holiday parties for you and your kids.
- We support an inclusive, diverse, and caring internal culture.
- We’re in a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a fun bunch and not stuffy, so a suit is not necessary.
We’re looking for a passionate, relationship builder to be a:
PART TIME CASUAL MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Front-line staff are some of the most important people at our truly local credit union. As the face of PenFinancial, you’re the first exposure to our brand. This is a responsibility that you are excited to have because, after all, you aren’t JUST a Member Service Representative, you are PenFi’s most powerful brand ambassador. You should love interacting with people and be comfortable asking open-ended questions to better understand their financial needs. This role is about more than just processing transactions, you have the ability (and autonomy) to impact our member’s lives each and every day.
As a Member Service Representative at PenFinancial Credit Union, you’ll be responsible for supporting all branches and helping members with their day-today banking needs as well as looking for referral opportunities to our team of Advisors. This doesn’t mean forcing members into a product or service they don’t need, but spotting places where our products or services can support their financial goals. In addition to knowing which products and services we offer, you’ll also need to understand all of our ongoing campaigns to be prepared to answer any member enquires. In this role, we encourage continuous learning and development which is why when you walk the halls of PenFinancial (only during the day, at night everything comes alive similar to ‘A Night at the Museum’), you’ll meet some awesome folks who began their careers here as Member Service Representatives. Heck, even our CEO, Ken Janzen began his credit union career as an MSR. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for helping people and a thirst for learning, scroll to the bottom and hit apply because this role is perfect for you. You’ll serve as a crucial member of your branch team and will support the branch objectives while also recognizing that everyone at PenFinancial is working towards a larger goal of building a strong, local credit union committed to improving lives and strengthening communities.
Who we are
We live, work and play in the Niagara Peninsula. We know Niagara’s economy, it’s people and every unique community. With over 20,000 personal and business members, we offer all of the products and services that our members have grown to know and love from their truly local credit union. We employ 100 truly awesome people with a desire to provide remarkable member experiences every single day.
Why join PenFi?
We have a lot of reasons to be proud to work here.
- We have a deluxe benefits package, success sharing and a comprehensive pension plan
- Local is everything. We’re all about working with local businesses and partnering with our communities to make them strong and vibrant
- As a credit union, living the co-operative principals is part of our long and rich history
- We develop meaningful relationships with our co-workers and members – that means learning about their passions, families, ambitions and doing what we can to improve their lives
- We have a unique culture where we take our business seriously, but we like to have a little fun along the way
- Education is a priority and we offer an abundance of leadership and professional development programs and training to help you be the best you can be
- Corporate Social Responsibility is alive and well. From our award winning Skates for Program to delivering financial literacy to new Canadians, to sponsoring local events – we donate our time, money and expertise
- We are all PenFi ambassadors and we live our truly local brand from the inside out
While we welcome all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations will be made for candidates upon request.
- Previous experience in the Financial Industry would be a definite asset.
- 2-3 years of customer service experience.
- Previous cash-handling experience.