Financial Services Specialist
- 300 Bunting Rd, St. Catharines, ON L2M 3Y4, Canada
TOTAL COMPENSATION @ PENFI:We reward you far beyond a salary.
- We are a proud certified Living Wage employer that offers competitive salaries that are consistently reviewed to ensure they remain in line with the marketplace.
- Eligible employees receive a generous benefits package, defined contribution pension plan, and performance-based annual variable compensation program that rewards you for your hard work achieving your goals.
- Competitive vacation and wellness days so you have the time to invest in yourself. Who doesn't love time off?
- Health and wellness allowance of up to $150 for full-time employees, and $100 for part-time employees to support our commitment to employee wellness.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program – a confidential support service provided by Homewood Health.
LEARNING @ PENFI: The more you learn, the more we all succeed.
- Knowledge and continuous learning is a priority and we offer an abundance of leadership and professional development programs to help you be the best you can be.
- We are committed to recognizing employee development and performance through career progression and opportunities to take on new roles at PenFi.
- Looking to further your knowledge relevant to your position? We’re happy to provide education reimbursements.
- Access to over 250 eLearning courses provided by CuTraining.
BANKING @ PENFI: Banking where you work is important to us.
- Free banking! You didn’t think we’d make you pay banking fees, did you?
- Computer, wellness and clothing interest free loans.
OUR TRULY LOCAL COMMITMENT TO YOU:
Living our brand from the inside out.
- PenFinancial is a certified Living Wage employer. The only Financial Institution in Niagara that has this certification.
- We encourage our employees to give back to the causes that are meaningful to them by providing opportunities to volunteer and represent our truly local credit union.
- We provide a culture of recognition across the organization so that employees feel valued for their contributions.
- We work, live, and PLAY in Niagara. So expect some awesome holiday parties for you and your kids.
- We support an inclusive, diverse, and caring internal culture.
- We’re in a serious business, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a fun bunch and not stuffy, so a suit is not necessary.
Under general supervision, market the organization’s products and services within clearly defined policies and procedures. Promote, up sell and cross sell the full range of lending and investment vehicles and sundry services. Provide lending and investment services to current members and potential members. Is the resource for opening new member accounts and for actively soliciting membership growth opportunities by following up on incoming credit checks, staff referrals, sales initiatives and member client inquiries. Actively participate in all branch campaigns and promotions; champions the credit union’s sales oriented culture by performing all aspects of the mandate. Maintain a high profile and image as the financial institution of choice in the branch trading area by establishing member client and non-member client relationships and business contacts and by assisting other branch staff to resolve non-routine customer questions and inquiries.
Improve lives and strengthen communities by living our vision to be your truly local financial partner of choice, committed to inclusive and authentic relationships. Ensure that the member and employee experience is personal and simple. Be accountable by taking ownership for success while ensuring inclusivity, social responsibility and cooperative principles. Share your passion, including delivering personal service by listening, guiding, nurturing and caring. Demonstrate integrity by developing trusting relationships and maintaining the highest ethical standards. Build mutual respect through honest and authentic relationships. Focus on knowledge with a commitment to continuous learning. Be a proud ambassador of PenFinancial Credit Union.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties may vary by branch location and size.
Interview loan and mortgage applicants, analyze financial information, complete credit bureaus, collect relevant data to confirm income, assess credit and determine the product that best fits the member needs. Approve loans and mortgages within discretionary limits and/or make recommendations for approvals and/or declines to manager.
Prepare loan and mortgage application and ensure instructions outlining conditions of loan are clearly laid out on checklist (for example loan type, interest rate, securities, searches, liens, appraisals, administration fees, etc.) for appropriate loan documentation. Provide mortgage documentation for solicitor requisitions, prepare renewals, discharges and follow up on solicitor reporting.
Set up loc/loan/mortgage on Loans Origination System (LOS) and banking system. Prepare and process all documents regarding loans and mortgages. Perform and register PPSA and reports to credit bureau. Balance and process CDI/CI/CL reporting and remittance. Ensure all credit applications, credit approval and documentation has been completed and signed by the members. Close the credit process by obtaining signatures on all relevant documentation.
Administer a quality mortgage and loan portfolio meeting all regulatory and risk management requirements on a daily basis. Communicate with all managers and co-workers effectively to support excellent service to members.
Review system generated reports, conduct follow up on delinquent accounts and maintain a systematic collection procedure for early identification of problem accounts and promptly initiate and/or recommend appropriate action to minimize risk and initiate action under direction of Branch Manager. Address loan extension requests, substitution of security, and complete problem solving to best suit the members’ needs. Prepare and process CAFTs, mortgage renewals, extensions and add-backs. Check credit files, registered (TFSAs, RESPs, RRSPs, and RRIFs) and non registered investment entries processed by other staff to meet risk management requirements.
Interview and advise members regarding investments, including but not limited to GICs, TFSAs, RRSPs, RESPs, etc., and make referrals to appropriate staff as necessary.
Review and administer all revolving and renewing loan products, completing any necessary associated procedures including credit bureaus, updating on banking system and making recommendations to lending staff. Prepare mortgage payouts for solicitors and follow-up on new home purchases.
Provide individualized financial counseling (i.e. debt consolidations, budgeting) and information to members on loan services and deposit products offered through the credit union.
Meet with families to review accounts of deceased members; administer and update estate accounts.
Identify opportunities to promote, up sell, and cross sell the credit union credit products including consumer loans, mortgages, lines of credit, credit cards, investments and other sundry services. Promote and educate staff about the benefits of products and services as they are introduced (for example, CUETs MasterCard Fast App online submissions). Keep abreast of relevant updates posted on the websites of credit union partners (for example, Concentra Financial, CMHC, CUETs and CUMIS).
Initiate and foster team spirit by encouraging and participating in self growth and learning as well as supporting co-workers’ engagement within the credit union. Execute the branch marketing program to attain loan, deposit, sundry product and member growth within the objectives set out in the business plan.
Exhibit a high commitment to member relationships by promoting the concept of relationship marketing. Participate in the development of the business and support achievement of plans. Seek out and recommend referral opportunities and relationships.
Act as a resource for opening new accounts, including business accounts. Identify and fulfill member financial service needs: deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash/certify cheques, process bill payments, cheque orders, buy/sell foreign cash, member statements, sell travellers’ cheques, drafts, wires, travel insurance, process registered and non registered investment transactions; assist members with ATM, MasterCard and debit cards (accepting payments, applications, cash advances or encoding of new cards, and inquiries). Process all corresponding documentation ensuring ongoing compliance.
Interpret the branch operating procedures, lending policies and security requirements and ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
Attend to the accurate and prompt preparation and audit of all assigned reports, status checking and internal accounting reports. Utilize available tracking tools, as required.
May relieve another FSS and/or Branch Manager in their absences.
Fulfill all duties as required in the Saturday schedule rotation.
Perform MSR duties as required; responsible for balancing of cash and ensuring cash differences are reported immediately as necessary. Perform surprise cash counts and Saturday rotation.
Attend and participate in meetings as required; prepare, present and submit presentations as assigned; remain up-to-date, support and adhere to published operational procedures.
Act as an ambassador of PenFinancial by looking for opportunities to promote products and services and seek referrals from members and non-members.
Perform any other duties as assigned.