- N12, Freemanville, Klerksdorp, South Africa
Rio Hotel, Casino and Convention Resort is a vibrant Setswana and Afrikaans themed resort, with an energetic spirit that flows into every facet of this exciting venue. The Rioi Hotel, Casino and Convention Resort is one of 12 properties that are operated by Peermont Global (PTY) Ltd which is an award-winning hospitality and entertainment company. Renowned for its multi-faceted hospitality and gaming facilities, Peermont Hotels, Casinos and Resort offer fine dining, relaxing hotel stays, exciting casino action, live entertainment, soothing spa treatments, efficient conferencing and sporting activities – all delivered with impeccable service by our multi-talented employees.
The main responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Accurate and quick completion of all transactions.
- Oversee the security and accountability of the total operational float.
- Oversee and supervise Cashiers during shift.
- Adhere to the departmental Procedures and Policies.
- Uphold departmental standards for all transactions.
- Adhere to the Gauteng Gambling Board Rules and Regulations.
- Stand in for Shift Manager when required
You will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to apply for this position:
- Matric with maths and/or accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years Cash Desk experience, or equivalent supervisory experience.
- Must have an understanding of the Company’s Code of Conduct and the application thereof.
- Ability to communicate professionally with guests, employees and management.
- Computer literate - proficient in word, outlook & excel.
- Knowledge of all the reconciliation schedules in the operation.
- Knowledge of Cashiering procedures and its application to our customers.
- Knowledge of the processing of credit cards, markers, cashless transactions and cheques.
- Knowledge of operating and maintaining counting equipment.
- Good supervisory skills and ability to motivate team members.
- Operationally required to work in a smoking environment.
- Shift work is an operational requirement
Specific job requirements for the position include:
- Required to work in a smoking environment.
- Shift work is an operational requirement.
- Will be required to obtain a Gaming Board Licence from the KZN Gaming Board
The role offers a competitive market related salary package and includes several employee benefits.