Junior Trader and Systems Specialist
Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Innovation and Agility.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned above.
As an innovative, fast growing, and disruptive company, PalaceBet is an online sports betting operator, licensed by the WCGRB. Part of the prestigious Peermont Group, which is home to the legendary Emperors Palace, PalaceBet has a pedigree as one of South Africa’s premier sports betting and entertainment websites. As an entertainment leader, we provide the finest in online sports betting action and the most competitive odds on a wide range of sports offered on the global stage.
Based in Cape Town, PalaceBet is looking for the right candidate to take on a ‘Junior Trader and Systems Specialist’ position. Being at the intersection of betting, PalaceBet operates in a fast-paced environment and the ideal candidate will enjoy the challenges and opportunities that come with growing a young company in this sphere.
Opportunity: Junior Trader and Systems Specialist
It’s the PalaceBet way to employ proactive and determined people. We have a culture of excellence where each division owner is empowered to assist with running their own unit within the bigger group.
In this role you will be working within the PalaceBet ‘Risk and Trading’ department. The current team is young, innovative, and experienced. We use modern adaptable Risk and Trading techniques to ensure consistent profit margins for long term modern-day bookmaking. The combination of sports betting and contingency games in the online space provide daily challenges to managing the risk of the Sportsbook, as well as delivering a slick, dependable service.
- Identifying suspicious betting patterns such as:
- bonus abuse
- non-profit long-term accounts, trade accounts and linked accounts
- Applying restrictions to online players - limits, de-activations, and bonus removal
Sportsbook Promotions, Boosts & CMS
- Assist marketing with sportsbook promotions
- Compile prices and content for boosted sportsbook markets
- Assist with promotional and bet boost reporting
- Assist with CMS management
- Compile basic reports for weekly activity
- Monitor betting activity and live betting markets
- Assist with customer support queries daily
- Approving player account betting activity linked to player withdrawal requests
- Compile SOP documentation to support player withdrawal requests
- Platform training for all newly appointed employees
- Responsible for updating all divisions when system updates are released
- shift times vary according to the monthly Risk and Trading schedule
- minimum of 50% weekend shifts per month compulsory
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within the online gaming industry
- Above average knowledge of Sports Betting and Live Games
- Understanding of overrounds and betting percentages
- Experience with client support systems
- Training and development skills
- Experience with wagering platforms
- Computer literate