Front End Developer
- Waterhouse Pl, Century City, Cape Town, 7441, South Africa
Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned above.
· Develop new user facing features
· Write reusable code and libraries
· Enhance application for maximum speed and scalability
· Validate input before submitting to back end
· Collaborate with team members and stakeholder
· Bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation
· Provide technical input in the design process of new client facing features
· Translate UI/UX design wireframes to actual code
· Maintain a high standard of development output
· Manage and collaborate with external development resources and 3rd parties
· Continuously look for opportunities to optimise processes, structures, and features
· Provide technical input into the ongoing design and development of the frontend
· Provide perspective and technical input on the implementation of features for mobile
· Ensure internal projects are meeting deadlines and 3rd party providers develop quality
· Liaise with internal and external resources to ensure that the development of features
is timeous and efficient.
· Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 3-5 years’ experience in frontend development.
· Understanding of key design principles – mobile first approach
· Strong understanding of API’s and developing on top of API’s
· Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
· Strong understanding of mobile implementation and responsive implementation
· Basic understand of SEO principles is advantageous
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Excellent verbal communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Suite, Photoshop etc