Chief Information Officer
- 64 Jones Rd, O.R. Tambo, Kempton Park, 1627, South Africa
Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned above.
Strategy & Planning
· Participate in strategic and operational governance processes as a member of the senior management team.
· Develop and implement methods to use IT technology to increase market reach.
· Lead and direct the building of positive relationships with the key stakeholders in the business, ensuring that the IT strategy and service delivery meets business needs by bridging the gap between IT professionals and non-IT professionals.
· Lead IT strategic and operational planning to achieve the business goals by focusing on innovation, prioritisation of IT initiatives, coordination and evaluation of IT systems and
the management of the current and future IT systems across the Group to create a
· Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the
needs of the business.
· Establish IT departmental goals, objective and standard operating procedures.
· Identify opportunities for appropriate financial investment in IT systems and resources,
including staffing, sourcing, purchasing and in-house development and customisation to
ensure future proofing for the Group and a return on investment.
· Identify, implement and managed cost savings initiatives in the IT environment.
· Assess and report on risks associated with IT infrastructure across the Group and
ensure continual good corporate governance.
· Compile, manage and control the IT annual operating and Capex budgets across the
· Develop business case justifications and cost vs benefit analyses for IT spending and
· Develop and implement plans to integrate systems and information between operating
· Develop and implement a sound data storage solution for the Group.
· Development and execution of a Group wide disaster recovery and business continuity
· Assess and made recommendations on the improvement or re-engineering of the IT
Acquisitions and Deployment
· Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems
requirements for new technology implementations.
· Approve, prioritise and control projects and project implementation as they relate to the
selection, acquisition, development and installation of key information systems.
· Review hardware and software, both acquisition and maintenance contracts.
· Identify necessary service providers and conclude service level agreement in order to
capitalise on economies of scale.
· Establish strategic service provider partnerships.
· Maximise the mix of in-house versus outsourced services.
· Define and communication corporate plans, policies and standards for the Group for
acquiring, implementing and operating IT systems.
· Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements
with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
· Ensure all IT system operations adhere to applicable laws and regulations.
· Establish, implement and control IT security measures to manage system access and
· Establish lines of control for current and proposed information systems.
· Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including new technologies and
pricing. Advise and educate Executives and management on their competitive or
financial impact for the Group.
· Design, establish and maintain a network infrastructure for local and wide area
connectivity and remote access.
· Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and
· Manage, through controls and procedures, the integrity of data.
· Supervise, recruit, develop, retain and organise all IT staff in accordance with
headcount and payroll budgets and HR policies.
· University degree in the field of computer science or business administration or 10 to 15
years’ applicable work experience.
· A post graduate qualification in Business Administration with technology as a component
would be an added advantage.
The role offers a competitive market related salary package and includes several employee benefits.