- Short St, Thohoyandou-F, Thohoyandou, 0950, South Africa
Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned above.
The main responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and authorise Creditors, Debtors and Cashbook reconciliations and payments/receipts in line with company policies and procedures.
- Manage and co-ordinate the creditors, debtors and cashbook functions to ensure payments are processed / executed / received on time and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Resolve creditor, debtors and cashbook queries timeously.
- Reconcile month end general ledger accounts.
- Post various month end journals.
- Assist with the completion of monthly management accounts.
- Assist with the financial year-end process.
- Assist and resolve financial queries from Heads of Departments.
- Perform other accounting related duties as required.
- Control inter-company recharges.
- Assist the Financial Manager in the effective running and management of the Department
You will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to apply for this position:
- Be in possession of a valid matric certificate or equivalent
- Must have an accounting / finance qualification
- 3 to 5 years’ accounting experience is a requirement
- Must be proficient in MS Excel and an Accounting Software System
- Good Supervisory and communication skills would be a requirement
The role offers a competitive market related salary package and includes several employee benefits.