GROUP COMPANY SECRETARY
- 17 Georgian Cres W, Bryanston, Sandton, 2191, South Africa
Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned above.
1. Responsible at all levels for all secretarial and statutory functions and duties in terms of common law and the Companies Act in respect of all companies in the Peermont group and trusts related to the Peermont group;
2. Ensure that each board is aware of and each company complies with all legislative and corporate governance requirements;
3. Ensure the timeous distribution of board and committee documentation and minutes;
4. Ensure effective and efficient management of all logistical arrangements pertaining to board/committee/trustee activities;
5. Keep each board and executive informed of existing and new legislative requirements;
6. Act as the custodian of the code of ethics and monitoring compliance thereof;
7. Ensure timely production and distribution of integrated report;
8. Actively track and provide insight over group sustainability and B-BBEE activities;
9. Provide support to the Board/EXCO in preparing agendas, recording, circulating minutes and adherence to group policies;
10. Champion corporate compliance and good governance including application of and reporting on the King IV code on corporate governance;
11. Advise each board and each business by providing pro-active support and advice on corporate governance and regulatory/statutory compliance issues.
1. Have an applicable legal degree;
2. Have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience;
3. Experience in compliance would be an added advantage;
4. Be an independent thinker, deadline driven and a self-starter;
5. Be a team player;
6. Work well under pressure and be results driven;