Senior Sous Chef
- 2 Copper Dr, Kuleka, Empangeni, 3880, South Africa
Umfolozi Hotel Casino and Resort is one of 12 properties that are operated by Peermont Global (PTY) Ltd which is an award-winning hospitality and entertainment company. Renowned for its multi-faceted hospitality and gaming facilities, Peermont Hotels, Casinos and Resort offer fine dining, relaxing hotel stays, exciting casino action, live entertainment, soothing spa treatments, efficient conferencing and sporting activities – all delivered with impeccable service by our multi-talented employees.
1. To take full responsibility of the daily running of all food outlets.
2. To liaises with guests in a professional and proactive manner and addresses guest complaints promptly and personally when required.
3. To assist in the receiving and storage of food, whilst checking quality, quantity and pricing.
4. To source alternative food suppliers with recommendable retail prices.
5. To keep control of finances produced during the tri monthly / quarterly basis, including food stock take and monthly operational stock take.
6. To monitors the food standards in all outlets as set out by the Peermont Standards.
7. To liaises with other Chefs, F & B Management, Banqueting Manager, F & B Controller, Stores and Maintenance Department.
8. To direct and supervise Sous Chefs and Chefs in all outlets.
9. To ensures clean and hygienic conditions of all work areas including all refrigerators and storage areas to the standards laid down by the company and FCS Audits – to be fully aware and supportive of FCS Audits
10. To ensure that all Hygiene and Maintenance Checklists are completed as per deadlines (Food Temperature Control, Fridge and Freezer Temperature Control, High Risk Food Storage Control and Personal Hygiene) and that feedback is given and followed through after internal and external walkabouts.
11. To ensure that regular food and operating equipment stock takes are conducted.
Maintains the highest level of standards in the preparation of food items as well as the service of food in all outlets
12. To complete costing on menus to be scientifically done on WANAMA
13. To take control of menu planning and drawing up of menus for banqueting clients.
14. To deal with suppliers and maintain relationships.
15. To monitor all standards for all complex outlets, food standards, presentation, service, hygiene and health and safety standards.
16. To ensure that all areas of HR admin are kept up to date according to company policies and procedures and that staffing planning is done in accordance with business demands.
1. Matric / Grade 12
2. Must have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a 5 star Banqueting environment, in a similar position.
3. A hotel school or chef’s diploma will be an added advantage.
4. Must have extensive knowledge on cooking techniques and kitchen operations.
5. Experience in cold food preparation will be an added advantage.
6. Must have good communication skills.
7. Shift work is an operational requirement
To maintain effective and efficient HR processes / administrative procedures by providing HR Administrative support on a day-to-day basis.