- 64 Jones Rd, O.R. Tambo, Kempton Park, 1627, South Africa
Peermont prides itself on offering our guests exceptional customer service and value for money. We always strive to employ and develop individuals that share our values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability.
As part of this we endeavour to provide opportunities to our employees to develop their careers within the Peermont Group and are therefore proud to offer another career development opportunity for the position mentioned above.
To carry out planned preventive maintenance on complex to a set agreed professional standard.
- Have good number skills for measuring and cutting tiles to fit measurements
- Ensuring tiles are cleanly and neatly laid out and making adjustments as needed
- Spreading grout onto surfaces as needed
- Working with concrete and other adhesives to affix tiles to surfaces
- Use of logic and reasoning to solve problems and be an accurate and careful worker
- Align tiles using straightedges and squares.
- Measure and mark surface before starting a project.
- Mix plaster and cement in appropriate quantities.
- Remove or repair damaged tiles, Level concrete and leave to dry,
To service and maintain all assets related on site, which includes but is not limited to doors, door handles, locks and related hardware and other fixtures on site.
To carry out maintenance of all Front-of-house & Back-of-house areas in line with handyman related discipline and duties.
To complete job cards on a daily basis as per the Supervisor/Artisan’s instructions.
To report to the Supervisor/Artisan on completion of job cards for inspection.
Record all times and material on completed job cards and project sheets.
To ensure that requests for installations are safely, promptly and efficiently carried out.
To report all defects to the call centre.
To report all unsafe situations, incidents or equipment to maintenance supervisors.
To control loss, abuse and breakage of equipment.
To maintain standards of workmanship and to work to the occupational Health & Safety Act.
Operational requirements will necessitate that the Handyman be used in other departments and disciplines from time to time.
N3 Technical Qualification or Grade 12
Knowledge of industrial coating systems is also beneficial.
Must be able to work flexible hours.
Shift work is an operational requirement.
Must have experience in carpentry & related general handyman work.
Must have good interpersonal skills.
Able to work flexible hours