- Nelson Mandela Drive, Mmabatho, North West, South Africa
Mmabatho Palms is,one of 12 properties that are operated by Peermont Global (PTY) Ltd which is an award-winning hospitality and entertainment company. Renowned for its multi-faceted hospitality and gaming facilities, Peermont Hotels, Casinos and Resort offer fine dining, relaxing hotel stays, exciting casino action, live entertainment, soothing spa treatments, efficient conferencing and sporting activities – all delivered with impeccable service by our multi-talented employees.
The main responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the full function of gaming, hotel operations and all support functions
- Delivering revenue, market share and profitability targets.
- Responsible for developing a comprehensive annual business plan and the execution thereof.
- Responsible for ensuring strict standards in all operations within the resort.
- Ensure a well-maintained property with great cleanliness and hygiene standards, including a forward thinking, capex and maintenance programme.
- Responsible for legislative compliance, including compliance with Gaming Board rules and regulations.
- Responsible for transformation and B-BBEE for the operation, including establishing a Transformation Committee and the management thereof as well as the management of B-BBEE (ensure achievement of B-BBEE Level 2).
- Establish sound relationships with the primary Peermont stakeholders as defined – Employees and Guests – as well as secondary stakeholders, including unions, shareholders, community leaders etc.
- Use the Peermont Values of Respect and Humility, Integrity, Collaboration and Accountability to inform all business activities.
- Ensure all policies are strictly adhered to in day to day operations.
- Ensure the highest level of Peermont-standard services, which meet or exceed industry standards.
- Ensure that costs are controlled in a detailed and structured manner, to ensure sustainability of the business.
- Oversee the preparation and control of budgets and implement profit improvement plans on a regular basis, or when needed.
- Ensure a focused Marketing and forward thinking promotions and entertainment calendar in line with business needs.
- Ensure the Group Customer Care programme is implemented with due diligence to meeting and exceeding guest expectations.
- Manage all direct reports in a professional. Fair and motivating manner – ensuring superior performance at all times.
- Ensure that all employees have clear objectives that are managed on a regular basis, and remain motivated for the benefit of the resort.
- Implement Group instructions, new projects or initiatives as they are approved by OPCO and rolled out.
You will need to meet the following minimum requirements in order to apply for this position:
- Matric / Grade 12 or equivalent
- A business degree, hotel or hospitality management qualification is essential
- Have a minimum of 8 years hotel / hospitality, gaming or retail experience, of which at least 5 years should have been at a senior management level.
- Strong financial acumen, strong commercial flair with a sense of entrepreneurship
- Strong leadership skills
- Critical attention to detail in standards
- Be deadline driven and manage projects successfully.
- A self-starter, with strong business acumen, that can deliver results in tough times.
- Ability to motivate management and staff, and build a strong team.
- Be an independent thinker but a team player
- Work well under pressure
- Be results driven
- Be in possession of a valid driver’s licence and be willing to travel as and when required
- Be able to work extended hours and over weekends and public holidays
- Required to work in a smoking environment
- Will be required to meet the regulatory requirements of the respective gaming boards.
The role offers a competitive market related salary package and includes several employee benefits.