FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
- -, Inland from Richards Bay, South Africa
Umfolozi Hotel, Casino and Convention Resort is a vibrant Zulu themed resort, with an energetic spirit that flows into every facet of this pulsating venue. The Umfolozi Hotel, Casino and Convention resort is one of 12 properties that are operated by Peermont Global (PTY) Ltd which is an award-winning hospitality and entertainment company. Renowned for its multi-faceted hospitality and gaming facilities, Peermont Hotels, Casinos and Resort offer fine dining, relaxing hotel stays, exciting casino action, live entertainment, soothing spa treatments, efficient conferencing and sporting activities – all delivered with impeccable service by our multi-talented employees.
This role reports to the Resort's General Manager and the Group F&B Head office division and is directly responsible for effectively managing, controlling and directing the Food & Beverage department.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Leads the F&B team and manages all staff related matters including, recruitment, performance management and staff development.
- Manage all Food & Beverage Outlets & Banqueting.
- Ensure effective communication to all persons by working closely with Groups & Conventions, National Sales, F & B Control, Kitchen and Finance.
- Responsible for the financial budgets, including all costs and revenues.
- Liaise with the Marketing Department on a frequent basis in order to maintain and monitor a marketing and PR plan.
- Control of all F&B areas in accordance with the policies and procedures of the company.
- Plan, organise and direct administrative service within all divisions to ensure maximum productivity, co-ordination, communication and work performance.
- Personally oversee all VIP events.
- Ensure policies and procedures are applied consistently throughout the F&B department.
- A Diploma related to Food and Beverage is essential and a role related Degree will be an advantage.
- 3 years working as a Food & Beverage Manager or similar management role in a medium to large operation with 4 / 5 star experience.
- Must have experience in controlling budgets and managing departmental costs of a Food & Beverage Department
- Must be proficient in Excel.
- Experience in working with Micros, Opera Food & Beverage and Opera Sales & Catering knowledge will be an advantage
- Strong Leadership Abilities and Organisational Skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills with an Eye for Detail.
The role offers a competitive market related salary package and includes several employee benefits.