Senior Sales Development Representative
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the industry leader in compensation data and technology, PayScale helps organizations #getpayright. Payscale is the only technology solution for managing compensation that provides multiple streams of fresh, transparently curated and validated salary data. Combined with modeling engines that learn continuously and generate recommendations and insight, Payscale empowers HR to price jobs and adjust compensation to reflect real-time changes in the market — all on one trusted data platform. With Payscale’s Adaptive Compensation Advantage, teams operate with efficiency, focused on outcomes rather than manual data management. To learn how companies like The Washington Post, Perry Ellis International, United Healthcare and The New York Times rely on PayScale to attract and retain top talent, motivate and engage employees and plan their future workforce, visit payscale.com.
What We Do: The Sales Development team works closely with both Sales and Marketing to drive interest in PayScale's solutions, identify potential buyers, and use compelling messaging to pique the interest of our prospects. Our goal is to help compensation professionals learn how PayScale can empower them to adopt a modern compensation strategy.
What You Do: In this role you will build a strong sales foundation by learning everything from prospecting, lead qualification, research, customer personas, objection handling and more. You are the first impression for our potential clients and therefore have a huge impact on PayScale's success.
Day-in-the-Life: As a Sales Development Representative, a typical day may include the following…
- Collaborating with full cycle Account Executives on territory planning to develop quality opportunities within assigned geographic territories
- Qualifying all inbound leads by acting as a consultant where we seek to understand prospects needs and address them head on
- Prospecting into accounts by employing innovative techniques and strategies for researching prospective companies and potential buyers to target with persona specific communication via email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Overcoming objections and effectively communicating PayScale’s value propositions to key decision makers such as Senior Managers and Executives regarding appropriate product offerings
- High level knowledge of product offerings
- Staying current on industry trends and maintaining high level knowledge of competitor’s product offerings
- Maintaining up to date records and providing valuable market intelligence to Marketing, Sales, and Product teams in sales tools like Salesforce and Outreach
- Achieving monthly pipeline goals set by sales management
- Continuous learning through mock calls, formal training, and regular coaching and feedback
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You will have learned the ins and outs of the role through a combination of classroom style training, frequent practice and feedback, shadowing your team members and scheduling discovery meetings for Account Executives.
- Month 6: You will be partnering with an Account Executive to strategically prospect a territory for new opportunities and continuing to hone your skills in discovery, objection handling, and targeted messaging.
- Month 12: You will be a leader on the team and take an active part in improving the team as a whole, as well as assisting newer colleagues and developing more advanced sales skills
- Bachelor's degree, or experience in sales and/or customer facing activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Curious and active listener: You have a deep hunger to learn, coupled with a willingness to experiment. You ask a lot of questions. You recognize there is a difference between "hearing" and "listening" and you even pick up on what's not being said.
- Resilient and self-motivated: You're always striving to build upon previous successes. You realize that the quickest path to success is through quick failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new.
- Detail oriented: The little things matter! You're able to craft a process that keeps you on track.
- Tech savvy: you love experimenting with new technology, and you quickly learn and adapt to new processes.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator: You are clear, concise, professional, and engaging over the phone. You have the ability to write a confident, persuasive, and professional email.
- Collaborative: When we all succeed, we're better for it. You share your recipe for success without even being asked.
Tools: We'll teach you everything you need to know, but it's helpful if you are familiar with...
- Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Outreach or a similar sales enablement platform
- MS Office Suite, especially Outlook
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
All around awesome culture where together we strive to:
- Pursue excellence every day
- Create customer value
- Compete to win (and lose!) as a team
As part of our culture of transparency and commitment to employee engagement, we have several programs and resources such as:
- Regular virtual company meetings
- Coffee chats
- Table for 4 Executive conversation
- Spirit Week
- Pulsing tools for continuous conversations to drive performance and career growth
- Strengths based tools designed to help employees engage with peers and managers, supported through a program called StandOut
- Access to top notch learning courses for all employees through LinkedIn Learning
- As well as constant re-evaluation of what our employees need to be successful at work!
Our more standard benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off program – most employees average around 3 weeks per year
- 14 paid holidays including Independence Week, Juneteenth and World Mental Health Day
- 3 comprehensive health plans to fit your unique needs; plans have up to 100% company-paid premium coverage for employee Medical, Dental and Vision
- Access to Premera’s Healthcare Services including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 24-hour Nurse Hotline, Telehealth (Doctor on Demand), Talkspace, and other virtual care options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Paid Parental / Adoption Leave program
- 401k program with fully vested, immediate company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: We embrace equal employment opportunity.
Payscale is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is our policy that employees will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, discipline, termination, compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, education, and social and recreational programs.