Sales Operations Manager
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the industry leader in compensation data and technology, PayScale helps organizations #getpayright. Payscale is the only technology solution for managing compensation that provides multiple streams of fresh, transparently curated and validated salary data. Combined with modeling engines that learn continuously and generate recommendations and insight, Payscale empowers HR to price jobs and adjust compensation to reflect real-time changes in the market — all on one trusted data platform. With Payscale’s Adaptive Compensation Advantage, teams operate with efficiency, focused on outcomes rather than manual data management. To learn how companies like The Washington Post, Perry Ellis International, United Healthcare and The New York Times rely on PayScale to attract and retain top talent, motivate and engage employees and plan their future workforce, visit payscale.com.
What We Do: In Sales Operations at Payscale, our mission is to propel the business forward by helping our Sales teams to sell better, faster, and more efficiently. We bring the selling system to life through strategic planning, data & analysis, process formalization, systems, and tools
What You Do: The Sales Operations Manager is an influential, multi-functional role with a high level of autonomy focused on improving the productivity of our sellers through streamlined processes and data-informed strategies.
Day-in-the-Life: As a Sales Ops Manager, a typical day may include the following…
- Building a Salesforce report to examine close rates in a particular industry so that we can refine territories or work with marketing on a targeted campaign
- Evaluating win rates of call and email sequences and working with the Sales Leaders to sunset ineffective options and to further improve the more effective ones
- Developing new dashboards and visualizations to highlight opportunities and risks for the Sales teams
- Gathering requirements to build out a new process in Salesforce to support a new product rollout or referral process
- Supporting our Deal Desk function to decrease turnaround time to deliver quotes to customers
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You will have developed a solid understanding of our business, its growth drivers and challenges and have some workable ideas to start making changes. You will have established relationships with key leaders and teams in the organization.
- Month 6: You will be working extensively across the business on multiple projects, some of which you will be leading, to build scale, improve processes, and impact sales performance.
- Month 12: You will design and lead key revenue-driving projects and play a meaningful role in creating the strategy for our new business sales teams.
- 3-5 years of Sales Leadership or Sales Operations experience
- Experience coordinating end-to-end processes across various internal departments
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to improve processes and actively drive opportunities to resolution without supervision
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize effectively under pressure
- Comfortable in a fast paced dynamic structure with a strong desire to grow along with the company
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships with business owners and technical partners
- Clear communicator with excellent written, verbal, and listening skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills with the ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and effectively communicate solutions
- Advanced Excel
- Salesforce Reports and Dashboards
- Ability to configure fields and layouts in Salesforce and CPQ, a plus!
All around awesome culture where together we strive to:
- Pursue excellence every day
- Create customer value
- Compete to win (and lose!) as a team
As part of our culture of transparency and commitment to employee engagement, we have several programs and resources such as:
- Regular virtual company meetings
- Coffee chats
- Table for 4 Executive conversation
- Spirit Week
- Pulsing tools for continuous conversations to drive performance and career growth
- Strengths based tools designed to help employees engage with peers and managers, supported through a program called StandOut
- Access to top notch learning courses for all employees through LinkedIn Learning
- As well as constant re-evaluation of what our employees need to be successful at work!
Our more standard benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off program – most employees average around 3 weeks per year
- 14 paid holidays including Independence Week, Juneteenth and World Mental Health Day
- 3 comprehensive health plans to fit your unique needs; plans have up to 100% company-paid premium coverage for employee Medical, Dental and Vision
- Access to Premera’s Healthcare Services including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 24-hour Nurse Hotline, Telehealth (Doctor on Demand), Talkspace, and other virtual care options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Paid Parental / Adoption Leave program
- 401k program with fully vested, immediate company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: We embrace equal employment opportunity.
PayScale is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is our policy that employees will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, discipline, termination, compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, education, and social and recreational programs.