Channel Account Manager (Remote)
- Atlanta, GA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the industry leader in compensation data and technology, PayScale helps organizations #getpayright. Payscale is the only technology solution for managing compensation that provides multiple streams of fresh, transparently curated and validated salary data. Combined with modeling engines that learn continuously and generate recommendations and insight, Payscale empowers HR to price jobs and adjust compensation to reflect real-time changes in the market — all on one trusted data platform. With Payscale’s Adaptive Compensation Advantage, teams operate with efficiency, focused on outcomes rather than manual data management. To learn how companies like The Washington Post, Perry Ellis International, United Healthcare and The New York Times rely on PayScale to attract and retain top talent, motivate and engage employees and plan their future workforce, visit payscale.com.
What We Do: We partner with Product Marketing, Services, Customer Success and New Business Sales to execute on the channel strategy. We source new and optimize current partners who will enhance our scale, provide integrated solutions to meet our customers’ needs and deliver on our mission. Once the right partners have been identified and onboarded, we lead the effort to ensure achievement of mutual goals.
What You Do: You're responsible for working cross-functionally to enhance, optimize and expand our external partner ecosystem. You will clearly articulate our vision and how the partner ecosystem is an important part of our ability to deliver against that vision. You will contribute to overall channel strategy and related goals and KPIs. Once the goals and KPIs are set, you will collaborate internally and with our partner ecosystem to deliver against these expectations – at the individual partner level and at the overall program level. This is a blended role where you have a voice in the strategy definition and significant accountability for the achievement of that strategy.
As a Channel Account Manager, a typical day may include the following…
- Meet with current partners to review monthly activity, pipeline and new campaign efforts
- Facilitate and expanded quarterly business review with representation from multiple functions within Payscale and the partner
- Ensure proper “accounting” for channel activity, pipeline, wins, referrals and other related KPIs
- Deliver pipeline and forecasted results to the extended leadership team on a weekly basis
- Be the primary point of contact for escalations between Payscale and the partner
- Review attainment of partner ecosystem KPIs and metrics with extended team members from Services, Product Marketing and Revenue
- Educating Payscale employees on the value of working with a partner to provide our customers with a differentiated solution
- Staying current on industry trends and maintaining high level knowledge of competitor’s product offerings
- Maintaining up to date records and providing valuable market intelligence to Marketing, Sales, and Product teams in sales tools like Salesforce and Outreach
- Utilize your industry expertise, personal network, and the network of other Payscale employees to identify and engage with potential partners
- Sourcing, evaluating, qualify, and contracting with new partners
First Year in Role:
- Month 3: You'll be proficient in presenting Payscale's vision, including the importance of the partner ecosystem, how Payscale + Partner = better outcome for our mutual customers. You will have a firm command of the value that each partner can provide to Payscale and our customers / prospects by product, persona, and segment. You will have established credibility with your peers in Product Marketing, Services and Revenue to ensure an aligned ideal partner profile. You will have an evolved sense of the partners in your portfolio, their strengths and opportunities, and projected achievement of expectations. You will have a firm grasp of the most meaningful metrics – from activity through revenue and all the nuances buried within.
- Month 6: You've hit your stride, facilitated several QBRs, delivered against most of your goals / KPIs and begin planning for next year. You will have put the pieces together – understanding where the partner ecosystem is thriving and why, identified, and prioritized program enhancements and adjustments and become a trusted “go-to” when someone has a question on how best to work with our partners.
- Month 12: You've consistently delivered against the channel strategy, delivered increasing results, added (and removed) at least two partners to the ecosystem, built excellent rapport with the current ecosystem, and you have presented to our Executive Leadership Team. You've done so well that others are interested in stepping into your role. You’ve contributed to the company’s growth and our customer’s success, added to the cumulative knowledge of the team and you’re itching to revise the channel priorities for the next year to take our strategy to the next level.
· 5 -7 more years of experience focused on exclusively channel program management
· Experience collaborating cross-departmentally with Product Marketing, Services, Revenue, Legal, Product and Executive Leadership
· Experience navigating a complex partner agreement negotiation cycle through several subject matter experts, influencers, and approvers
· Nice to have experience with SaaS, specifically HR, and advisory service provider channel programs
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator: You are clear, concise, professional, and engaging over the phone. You have the ability to write a confident, persuasive, and professional email.
- Collaborative: When we all succeed, we're better for it. You share your recipe for success without even being asked.
- Curious and active listener: You have a deep hunger to learn, coupled with a willingness to experiment. You ask a lot of questions. You recognize there is a difference between "hearing" and "listening" and you even pick up on what's not being said.
- Resilient and self-motivated: You're always striving to build upon previous successes. You realize that the quickest path to success is through quick failures, so you aren't afraid to jump in and try something new.
- Detail oriented: The little things matter! You're able to craft a process that keeps you on track.
Tools: We'll teach you everything you need to know, but it's helpful if you are familiar with...
· Salesforce (Lightning)
· Payscale Products
· Zoom Video Communications
· DiscoverOrg / ZoomInfo
· LinkedIn Navigator
· MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Benefits and Perks – The Highlights:
All around awesome culture where together we strive to:
- Pursue excellence every day
- Create customer value
- Compete to win (and lose!) as a team
As part of our culture of transparency and commitment to employee engagement, we have several programs and resources such as:
- Regular virtual company meetings
- Coffee chats
- Table for 4 Executive conversation
- Spirit Week
- Pulsing tools for continuous conversations to drive performance and career growth
- Strengths based tools designed to help employees engage with peers and managers, supported through a program called StandOut
- Access to top notch learning courses for all employees through LinkedIn Learning
- As well as constant re-evaluation of what our employees need to be successful at work!
Our more standard benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off program – most employees average around 3 weeks per year
- 14 paid holidays including Independence Week, Juneteenth and World Mental Health Day
- 3 comprehensive health plans to fit your unique needs; plans have up to 100% company-paid premium coverage for employee Medical, Dental and Vision
- Access to Premera’s Healthcare Services including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 24-hour Nurse Hotline, Telehealth (Doctor on Demand), Talkspace, and other virtual care options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Paid Parental / Adoption Leave program
- 401k program with fully vested, immediate company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: We embrace equal employment opportunity.
PayScale is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is our policy that employees will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, discipline, termination, compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, education, and social and recreational programs.