Data Manager I
- Boston, MA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the industry leader in compensation data and technology, PayScale helps organizations #getpayright. Payscale is the only technology solution for managing compensation that provides multiple streams of fresh, transparently curated and validated salary data. Combined with modeling engines that learn continuously and generate recommendations and insight, Payscale empowers HR to price jobs and adjust compensation to reflect real-time changes in the market — all on one trusted data platform. With Payscale’s Adaptive Compensation Advantage, teams operate with efficiency, focused on outcomes rather than manual data management. To learn how companies like The Washington Post, Perry Ellis International, United Healthcare and The New York Times rely on PayScale to attract and retain top talent, motivate and engage employees and plan their future workforce, visit payscale.com.
- Under limited supervision, following established guidelines & standards, you will be responsible for collecting, verifying, preparing and constructing complete and accurate compensation survey data files for importing into the MarketPay On-line Market Pricing System database.
- You will utilize tools such as Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Access to build electronic "models" that can efficiently reformat data received, while preparing upload files (.csv's) for import into the PayScale databases.
- You will inventory and track your assigned surveys, while maintaining lists and control records, necessary to perform source audits.
- Your responsibility will be to manage the survey data management processes for a defined set of surveys and/or survey publishers.
To be successful in your role, you will:
- Lead by example, displaying a positive, service-first attitude, to both internal and external clients.
- Consult with team leadership on key decision-making, in an effort to enhance your personal development, while focusing on team and organizational goals.
- Maintain awareness and vigilance regarding security of company and client assets and information, while ensuring compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Establish relationships with cross-functional partners, while ensuring open communication across the organization.
- Liaise with senior management and others as necessary, while referring out of scope requests to the appropriate person(s) within Payscale.
- You acquired a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Your analytical skills are advanced.
- Your attention to detail is outstanding.
- You have the ability to prioritize multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- You have good social skills, with the ability work in concert with others to accomplish objectives.
- the effectively communicate across all levels of a company.
- You have experience with relational databases, HRIS and/or compensation surveys.
Benefits and Perks – The Highlights:
All around awesome culture where together we strive to:
- Pursue excellence every day
- Create customer value
- Compete to win (and lose!) as a team
As part of our culture of transparency and commitment to employee engagement, we have several programs and resources such as:
- Regular virtual company meetings
- Coffee chats
- Table for 4 Executive conversation
- Spirit Week
- Pulsing tools for continuous conversations to drive performance and career growth
- Strengths based tools designed to help employees engage with peers and managers, supported through a program called StandOut
- Access to top notch learning courses for all employees through LinkedIn Learning
- As well as constant re-evaluation of what our employees need to be successful at work!
Our more standard benefits include:
- Flexible Paid Time Off program – most employees average around 3 weeks per year
- 14 paid holidays including Independence Week, Juneteenth and World Mental Health Day
- 3 comprehensive health plans to fit your unique needs; plans have up to 100% company-paid premium coverage for employee Medical, Dental and Vision
- Access to Premera’s Healthcare Services including an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), 24-hour Nurse Hotline, Telehealth (Doctor on Demand), Talkspace, and other virtual care options
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Company Paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Paid Parental / Adoption Leave program
- 401k program with fully vested, immediate company match
Equal Opportunity Employer: We embrace equal employment opportunity.
PayScale is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. It is our policy that employees will not be subjected to unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, political ideology and any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, transfers, promotions, training, discipline, termination, compensation and benefits, performance appraisals, education, and social and recreational programs.