Business Intelligence Analyst, Client Success
- Seattle, WA, USA
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
Do you have a curious analytical mind with an interest in finding additional revenue & operational efficiencies? If so, we have the perfect role for you.
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our Client Success Operations team to provide strategic insights into key areas of the business including: strategy & planning, account level customer engagement, forecasting, segmentation, customer health, technology investments, pricing, and process redesign. You bring strong technical acumen with data and an intuition for business to help inform & influence our teams continued growth and evolution.
You are not only highly skilled in querying multiple data sets and synthesizing disparate data into actionable insights, you can also use the data to tell a compelling story. Your analysis enables you to see what others do not. Your insights and recommendations will directly impact the business through targeted engagement, automation, process and enhanced productivity.
Success metrics for the role include increased sales velocity, higher close percentages and productivity, larger deals through upsell, and higher customer engagement effectiveness.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and execute customer-focused analysis that drives increased renewal and retention rates and effectively structure and optimize territories and customer segmentation.
- Improve our forecasting processes through data, analytics, and predictive models
- Grow our organizational maturity around reporting quality, data hygiene, and data governance
- Evaluate, develop and implement new methods and tools for assessing customer health and CS organizational performance
- Build, launch, and maintain predictive data models to better engage with customers and anticipate their needs and issues.
- Identify and utilize competitive intelligence, pricing, benchmarking, and market analysis.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales on developing customer insights through analysis and modeling. Develop and enable shared business objectives and targets.
The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- Direct experience managing SaaS post-sales recurring revenue.
- Experience creating or utilizing sales programs and collateral to deliver meaningful increases to continued revenue through upsell and renewal functions.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to improve processes and actively drive opportunities to resolution without supervision.
- The ability to navigate ambiguity and prioritize effectively under pressure.
- Project coordination and change management skills with a consistent track record of leading numerous (and simultaneous) projects to successful completion.
- Comfortable in a dynamic structure with a strong desire to grow along with the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Sales and/or Sales or CS Operations
- Strong BI tools & data manipulation skills (Python, R, Tableau, SQL, PowerBI, etc)
- Experience in statistical methods preferably with machine learning that drive measurable actions
- An ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner to audiences from staff to senior executive level
- Familiarity with CRM software, preferably Salesforce.com, and SaaS revenue models
Meet Your Manager: This role reports to Jason Parrish, Senior Director Customer Success Operations. After spending 15 years in consulting and a few more in industry, Jason came to PayScale for the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-paced SaaS business. He is motivated by solving complex problems and creating a team environment where people are empowered to take ownership of challenges and deliver results.
Hiring Process: “Change is the only constant in life (and PayScale)” – Heraclitus (okay, so we paraphrased a bit). The hiring process outlined below is a rough overview, and is subject to change based on business priority, interviewer availability, etc.
1. Recruiter Screen
2. Hiring Manager Phone Interview
3. Onsite interview with the team
4. Hiring decision
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.