Senior Data Analyst, Research
- Seattle, WA, USA
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career.
Are you enthralled with topics like gender and racial pay equity, macroeconomic pay trends, and what engages employees? We are looking for a self-motivated Senior Data Analyst with a passion for solving analytical problems and communicating nuanced findings to non-technical audiences to be an integral member of our Data Analytics research team. While data is our lifeblood, making compensation more fair, modern and transparent is at the heart of what we do, and we want someone to join us who shares this passion!
What you’ll do
- Participate in crafting innovative and highly visible analyses of work trends and compensation, like PayScale's Gender Pay Gap Package.
- Select and analyze subsets of the PayScale database of over 65 million profiles, using our real-time data analysis system.
- Work with internal and external partners to understand their information requirements and provide the needed data or analysis.
- Find trends, stories, and highlights in a large, multivariate dataset.
- Partner with PayScale’s marketing team to brainstorm concepts, craft research questions for the PayScale salary survey, and generate original content powered by data.
- Contribute to initiatives driving traffic to our website and awareness of our brand, as well as further solidify our place as visionaries in the compensation space.
- Develop analytical and statistical approaches to answer research questions, examine data validity, and report on interesting data subjects.
- A masters degree with significant course work in a quantitative field, such as economics, statistics, econometrics, physical sciences, or applied mathematics.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research.
- Proficiency with Python or R is a requirement.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication (both written and oral) skills.
- Attention to detail with a good sense of organization and time management.
- An obsession with cleaning, structuring and analyzing data.
- Experience answering complex questions quantitatively.
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Coworkers you actually like...
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)